How Do Vapor Steam Cleaners Work?
Vapor steam cleaners have become more popular for cleaning carpets and other surfaces because they effectively clean with just the use of steam. Steam vapor sanitation systems can remove stubborn stains, grime, mildew, mold, and embedded dirt from all kinds of surfaces without the use of harsh chemicals. Vapor steam cleaners can also kill bacteria and viruses, which is why they are a great choice for households that are sensitive to allergens.
How They Work
Vapor steam cleaners have been widely used in the commercial cleaning industry and in Europe. The systems on the market today use low-pressure steam to sanitize, clean and deodorize. The concept is quite simple actually. You can use ordinary tap water – or distilled water if you have hard water. The water is heated in the machine’s boiler to 300degrees F to form low-moisture steam vapor. The water cools to about 215degrees to 230degrees F as it is applied.
Unlike deep steam floor cleaners, also known as hot water extractors, vapor steam cleaners use dry steam to loosen contaminants and disinfect almost any surface. Vapor steam cleaners look like a regular vacuum, but do not use suction to clean. In fact, you will need to use a vacuum on your carpet to remove the dirt loosened by a vapor steam cleaner. Deep steam floor cleaners, on the other hand, use hot water and suction extraction to remove dirt from carpeting and upholstery, and do not use steam despite their name.
Vapor steam cleaners can be used to clean any hard or soft surface, including grout, tile, windows, and car interiors. Different attachments can be used to clean crevices and hard to reach areas. A removable towel is placed on the end of an applicator to remove dirt during carpet or floor cleaning. The towel absorbs most of the surface dirt. Other surfaces can be wiped with an absorbent towel or cloth after being treated with a vapor steam cleaner. Keep in mind, though, that there is no cleaning solution residue to clean up, just loosened dirt.
Before using vapor, consider if the material or surface is heat sensitive. Check on a small area to see how the surface reacts to the vapor first. If you are considering vapor for your carpets or rugs, contact the manufacturer first to determine if vapor steam cleaning is recommended.
Why They Work
Vapor steam cleaners clean your home without the use of chemicals or cleaning solutions, making them a great choice for households looking for environmentally-friendly cleaning methods. The extremely hot steam released from vapor steam cleaners loosens dirt and contaminants and can kill mold, fungi, dust mites, and viruses on contact.
Vapor steam cleaners use dry steam, which is only about 6% water — that is less moisture than is in the air we breathe. This means that vapor steam cleaning will not over-saturate carpets and upholstery and the moisture begins to evaporate almost immediately on the surface. The machines can produce thousands of gallons of steam per hour with just a little bit of water.
- Safe to use on many different kinds of surfaces, including tile, vinyl, stone, sealed hardwood, stainless steel, fiberglass and chrome. Different applications make the machines suitable for carpets, bedding, windows, fabrics, mirrors, grills and ovens.
- Vapor steam cleaners immediately kill dust mites and mold spores, and can melt away grease, grime, build-up, and stubborn stains.
- No harsh chemicals or cleaning solutions are needed. Vapor steam cleaners simply use tap water to produce dry steam, which also means there is no residue left on your surfaces.
- Vapor steam will not leave your carpets and upholstery saturated with moisture. The low-level moisture left behind will dry quickly.
- Penetrates cracks and crevices and reaches deeply into carpets and upholstery. Check with the manufacturer before using vapor steam to clean carpets, rugs, or upholstery to ensure that hot steam is a recommended cleaning method.
Vapor steam cleaners provide a chemical-free way to clean your home. Because they are so versatile, vapor steam cleaners can be used to clean your home from top to bottom, leaving your home feeling clean, fresh, and chemical-free.