PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
I and other family members have used Gene for a variety of legal matters. While his specialty is matrimonial law, the scope of his legal knowledge is broad. Gene distinguishes himself with his ability to listen to his clients with patience and discernment. While setting realistic expectations, Gene guides his clients through what can often be muddy waters with intelligence, commitment and the utmost professionalism. We highly recommend his services.
The process of getting a divorce can be painful to both your body and soul. My decision to seek counsel from Gene was in hindsight a great decision. His dedication and compassion to my well being as well as my future were never questiined. Through the entire process I never thought I was just another name on a file. Now months after my divorce was settled I once again have hope. Thank you Gene!!!
Eugene Dougherty is a highly capable, experienced attorney who guided me with my divorce process from the very beginning until the end. During this process, he was always prepared, prompt, and available. In my opinion, every divorce is different. Mr. Dougherty understood my situation and the unique challenges associated with it and applied his technical legal expertise to solve my problems during the court proceedings. Aside from his technical expertise, Mr. Dougherty and his team created a very friendly, supportive atmosphere as I was going through a very though time in my life. I will forever be thankful to him and his team's for their excellent services and support.
Eugene Dougherty made it possible for me to move on with my life. He cleaned up a mess made by my ex-wife and my ex-attorney. Eugene was able to reunite me with my youngest child , who was not coming on my court appointed visitation days . Eugene never once promised miracles, instead gave fair and realistic counsel. I know in my heart Eugene Dougherty fought for me and for that i will be forever grateful. Dave M Cortlandt Manor
After consulting with several attorneys, I met Eugene Dougherty and knew he was the attorney I wanted to represent me during my divorce. Mr. Dougherty is diligent, highly knowledgable in all divorce laws, and HONEST. Right from the start Mr. Dougherty showed that his utmost concern was for myself and the needs of my children, both in the future as well as during the divorce process. Mr. Dougherty and his paralegal, Kathy, were highly responsive to all my questions and concerns seemingly working 24/7 for me. They always ensured that I had a full understanding of the legal process. Mr. Dougherty and Kathy were very understanding of my personal situation at all times during the divorce process and always made me feel as if I were their number one priority. I have and will continue to recommend Mr. Dougherty. I know you will not find a more hardworking, reliable, and honest attorney whose firm creates a personal interaction that shows they genuinely care about their clients.--Debbie K.
In 2007, I started divorce proceedings using a lawyer who never returned my calls or my e-mails. Some of her advice didn't sit right with me either. Finally -- and luckily -- I found Eugene Dougherty. He and his paralegal were attentive and responsive to my questions. His legal advice was amazing and he got me the settlement I needed. I'd recommend him to anyone who needs legal help in the divorce area (or in any family matter). JJ, Tarrytown, NY
I want to share my experience that I had with Eugene Dougherty and his Paralegal person Kathy. What a great team work and outstanding job they did for me and my two children. After firing two lawyers prier to meeting Eugene I can't speak highly enough on the job he did for me and my kids. Every lawyer I have been too and retained have said the same thing we can't get what you won't. After spending a fortune and was cleaned out I found Eugene and in 12 months not only did he get what I asked for he got me more. He got me custody, Child support a high income, had my ex's wages garnished, got maintenance and much more. I am extremely happy with his outstanding performance and would highly recommend him. He is very generous with his billing and doesn't charge for things that other lawyers take you for a ride with. I think Eugene is a wonderful man and so is Kathy wonderful person. Suzy Kirk
Taking care of family legal matters for over two decades, 25 years
Taking care of family legal matters for over two decades, 25 years
- General Info
- The Eugene Dougherty approach to family law includes anticipation of future concerns, resolution of current issues, and protection of your children?s educational rights. Prenuptial agreements Creating a prenuptial agreement can ease the process of dividing property and assets in the event of a divorce. If properly drafted with Eugene Dougherty, your prenuptial agreement is legally binding in divorce court. However, if you have signed an agreement to waive basic rights, I work to have the agreement modified in your favor. These rights include consideration of: Spousal maintenance (alimony) Child support payments Postnuptial agreements If you did not create a prenuptial agreement and you find that your marriage is struggling, you may consider a postnuptial agreement. This is often used to resolve issues in the marriage to avoid the need for divorce. Some of the topics that may be resolved in a postnuptial agreement are: Finances Assets Child rearing Property distribution Adulterous behavior Overspending New York law enforces properly written postnuptial agreements. You will feel more confident if you work with me to make the agreement legally binding. Domestic abuse When you are married, you may need legal guidance in dealing with serious problems such as: Neglect Mental or physical abuse CPS Domestic violence against you or your children New York state law provides immediate remedies for these painful situations, including: Separation agreements Orders of Protection Education law Everyone New York resident deserves fair and equal access to the education that they deserve. If your child is being underserved, I file suit against the school district. Some common areas of discrimination in access to educational programs and materials include: Superintendent's Hearings, School Suspensions IDEA, IEP Terminations from school Reach out to Eugene Dougherty for family law help From my many years of practice as a family law attorney, along with my experience as an administrative law judge, I am closely connected to the needs of families in and around Westchester. I look forward to speaking with you. Contact me now.
- Extra Phones
- Regular Hours
Mon - Sat:
- Social Links
- Child Support Collections, Attorneys, Child Custody Attorneys, Divorce Assistance, Divorce Attorneys, Estate Planning Attorneys, Family Law Attorneys, Schools & Education Law Attorneys
- Free Telephone Consultation
- Attorney Phone Consultations
- Phone Consultations
- Family Law
- Divorce Mediation
- Paternity Law
- Child Support
- Divorce Lawyers With Free Consultation
- Custody Attorneys
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody
- Divorce Attorneys
- Protection Orders
- Legal Guardianship
- Administrative Law
- Free Consultation
- Divorce & Family
- Payment Options
Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
Member Trial Lawyers Association
Former NYC Trial Administrative Law Judge
Better Business Bureau
- Member N.Y.S. Trail Lawers Assn.
- Other Information
Specialties: Separation Agreements, Custody, Divorce, Post-Divorce, Marital & Family Law, Asset Issues, Divorce & Family, Visitation, Abuse, Domestic Violence, Child Support, Equitable Distribution, Custody & Visitation, Prenuptial Agreements, Adoptions, Family, Neglect, Visitations, Child Abuse, Alimony