PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
What our clients say... "Far and away the best massage anywhere!"
- General Info
- Welcome to A.R.E. Health Center & Spa, with appointments daily for therapies to enhance your health - body, mind, and spirit. Whether you are in Virginia Beach for a day, a week, or an extended period, you owe yourself a Cayce/Reilly massage; it is like none other in the world! Cayce/Reilly Massage is our signature massage, which can be both stimulating and relaxing. It affects nerves, organs, glands, circulation, and muscles, and helps the body rid itself of toxins. This massage blends Swedish, osteopathic, and neuropathic massage techniques. For deeper relaxation, request a hydrocollator heat pack or violet ray application (available at no additional charge) when you book your appointment! Or try Acupressure, which provides a bridge between ancient and modern Asian theories using gentle, direct finger pressure on acupuncture points. CranioSacral Therapy treats the body system consisting of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord, creating what is basically a hydraulic suspension system for the "heart" of the central nervous system. Clients lie fully clothed on the massage table, while the therapist lightly palpates the head, neck, sacrum, arms, and legs - affecting the craniosacral pulse throughout the body. This often results in motion, a release of emotional memories, and increased sense of well-being. Foot Reflexology is the study and practice of gently pressing reflex points on the feet with specific hand and finger techniques, to relax corresponding parts of the body. Our bodies, with over 27,000 nerve endings on the bottoms of our feet, can be powerfully affected by a thorough session of reflexology. With Manual Lymph Drainage, very light strokes are used to move the skin, bringing about a gentle pumping action in the tissue which promotes the flow of the lymph fluid, a vital component of a healthy immune system. One of the more subtle but powerful of the touch therapies, the benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage include reducing muscle tension, relief from pain, removing toxins from tissue, improving muscle and skin tone, decreasing recovery time from injury, minimizing scarring due to surgery and burns, and releasing stress. Call 757-457-7202 today to schedule an appointment, or go to www.AREHealth.org for online booking, instant gift certificates, and info on the many more massage and clinical services we offer!
- Regular Hours
Mon - Sat: Sun:
- Day Spas, Colonic Irrigation, Health Resorts, Massage Services, Recreation Centers, Retreat Facilities, Spas & Hot Tubs
- Bodywork: Acupressure, Cayce/Reilly Massage, CranioSacral Therapy, Manual Lymph Drainage, Foot Reflexology, Myofascial Release, Reiki Boutique Therapies: Donna Eden Energy Medicine, Dream Counseling, Inner Sound Therapy, Breathwork, Spiritual Life Counseling. Holistic Clinical Work: Acupuncture, Chiropractic/Manual Therapy, Holistic Psychotherapy, Personal Counseling, Hypnotherapy, Nutritional Consultations. Hydrotherapies: Cedar Cabinet Steam/Fume Baths, Colon Hydrotherapy, Epsom Salts Baths, Facials, Wellness Techniques from Edgar Cayce. Spa Packages: 90-minute Mini Spa combinations, 2-hour Express Spa packages, and Half-day Spa Packages. Wellness Retreats: The only week-long fully Cayce-based residential health retreat. Includes signature holistic spa and clinical services and small group body/mind/spirit work.
- Payment Options
- Enter the A.R.E. Health Center & Spa, in the original Edgar Cayce Hospital Building on the hill at Atlantic Avenue and 67th Street in Virginia Beach,from main front stairs to the porch level lobby. To avoid the stairs, drive up 67th Street and park behind the building in the closest spot. Enter the building from the ramp or the 4 steps on the southwest corner (driveway side) of the building. Plan a little extra time to enjoy the Cafe at the Spa, open 11-3 Monday thru Saturday!
- North Virginia Beach, Oceanfront, Northeast Virginia Beach, Downtown Virginia Beach
- Appointments Available. Free amenities including stone labyrinth walk, reflexology walk, meditation garden with koi pools. Book and Gift Shop in A.R.E. Visitor Center on site, along with free daily activities including tour, daily lecture on body/mind/spirit subjects, and meditation room.
A.R.E. Health Center and Spa
- Other Information
Price Range : Above Average