PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
This family-owned market is in my neighborhood, and I am SO GLAD. I stop by several times a week and do most of my grocery shopping here (except for big stuff at Costco). Their butcher is top-notch, and their produce guy finds wonderful stuff at great prices. The homemade sausages are worth the trip from anywhere in LA.
01/10/09Provided by Citysearch
We live very close to Bob's Market and other than Costco I never shop anywhere else. The butcher counter is amazing - they will cut and prepare things exactly the way you want it, they will special order things they don't normally carry, and the service is outstanding. They also make their own sausages, which are fantastic.
Jim, the produce guy, gets top-quality stuff at good prices by going down HIMSELF every night at 2am to the produce market. And Richard, the manager, carries your stuff to the car and will special order anything you need as long as he can get his hands on it. I think this is one of LA's great secrets (I guess not so secret now!).
Friendly service as a way of life.
- General Info
- Our focus has always been to serve the needs of our neighborhood and it is a joy to do so. Delivery Available. Full Service Deli, Fresh Produce, Fine Meats, Wine and Beer
- Business History
- In 1965, we found this property, and it became the first Bob's Market. Our focus has always been to serve the needs of our neighborhood and it is a joy. I am happy to be with my family and the friends we have made over the years. There are people who I have seen coming to the store since they were children. Now they are grown up and are starting to bring their own kids here. That is very special to me. - Bob
- Regular Hours
Mon - Sun:
- Grocery Stores, Caterers, Food Delivery Service, Liquor Stores, Restaurants, Wine
- Our focus has always been to serve the needs of our neighborhood and it is a joy to do so. I am happy to be with my family and the friends we have made over the years. There are people who I've seen coming to the store since they were children. Now they are grown up and are starting to bring their own kids here. When you know people for that long, you are going to be able to anticipate the kinds of things they want. You will not find the kind of flexibility and custom orders we offer at those big corporations. Because of that, there will always be a place for independent markets. Delivery Available. Full Service Deli, Fresh Produce, Fine Meats, Wine and Beer
- Payment Options
- Price Range
- Located at 1650 Ocean Park Blvd in Santa Monica, we're open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- West Los Angeles, Sunset Park
- Make your life a little easier - let us deliver our custom cut, gourmet meats, carefully selected fresh produce and fine wines directly to your home or office (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West L.A.). Our personalized grocery home delivery service will bring a smile to your face. Call us before 3 PM for same day delivery!
- Other Email
- Other Information
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average