PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
02/10/12Provided by Citysearch
They BUY OLD JUNK BATTERIES! We recently cleaned out our shed and found several old, gross, automotive batteries. I had no idea what to do with them. The dump wanted to charge me for them! I called United Battery and they actually PAID ME for them! I couldn't believe it!! I find myself looking around the garage and random places now just in case I find more!
01/14/11Provided by Citysearch
My co-worker brought in 6, 8 volt batteries as a credit exchange for new batteries, gave them directly to one of the managers. They sold us 6, 6 volt batteries instead (ooops on their part). Not being in the battery business we didn't think twice to check the volts they sold us as exchange for our golf cart. After discovering (with another companies help) the issue of why the batteries didn't power our cart correctly, United Bat Sys refused to take them back OR even give a discount on new bats. Sad thing, they have been in bus for over 30 years, and they still don't understand customer service! There are SO many other battery companies in the greater Gresham/Portland area I would recommend doing some serious research prior to shopping here. I will never use or recommend their service again
04/27/09Provided by Citysearch
My alternator died and Midas wanted close to $500 to replace it (after charging me a $20 diagnostic fee). United Battery, cut my expenses in half and gave me one for $243. It was re-built rather than new, but my car only has a few years left in it so this did not matter. I also found out that they would have diagnosed the problem for free.
As it turns out, there was a short somewhere my the car that caused the first alternator to fail. A few days after United put my alternator in, it failed again. They re-re-built the alternator AND fixed the short without charging me a single penny. That had to have been at least 2 hours of extra labor for something that was not even their fault.
To top if off, they were friendly and courteous the entire time. The least I could do was write them this rave review!
Batteries for all your starting needs - alternators & starters - custom rebuild
- General Info
- United battery has been serving the Great Pacific Northwest since 1969. With location in Portland, OR & Longview, WA. Offering the best in battery technology we have one of the largest selections of batteries anywhere. Here are just a few applications we carry batteries for...
- Car Truck
- Motorcycle ATV RV Scooter Golf Cart Wheelchair Military Alarm System Watercraft Deep Cycle Agricultural
- UPS Systems
- Motor Homes
- Industrial and more! Our team will help you find the right battery and system for your needs. We're the experts across the board, on a huge number of types of hardware and vehicles such as: alternators and generators, starters, electric fuel pumps, tail lights, fuses, charging systems, gauges, accessories and wipers. Find out more about our electrical auto repair services and auto parts for sale. Call United Battery Systems, Inc. today for an estimate!
- Extra Phones
- Regular Hours
Mon - Sat: Sun Closed
- Automobile Electric Service, Batteries-Dry Cell-Wholesale & Manufacturers, Battery Storage, Battery Supplies
- Free Battery & Charging System Check
- Auto Marine Industrial
- Everything Electric
- Industrial Batteries
- Payment Options
- Piedmont, Northeast Portland
- Other Information
Bike Parking: Yes