PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
Journeys in Community Living has been dedicated since 1975 to supporting adults with intellectual disabilities as they choose and realize their personal visions of how they want to live, work and socialize.
- General Info
- Journeys in Community Living was established in 1975 as the Rutherford County Adult Activity Center. A name-change occurred in August 2011 to better align the organization's name with its evolved missions. Rutherford County Adult Activity Center was a good name a few decades ago when the organization operated primarily as a day care and recreational center, but it is far more than that now, and the individuals here have led the way. It is now understood that people with intellectual disabilities can work in regular jobs and be taxpaying citizens; live in their own homes in regular neighborhoods; be good neighbors and friends; give back to the community through volunteer work; and make decisions about where the live, work and socialize. Throughout all these years and the changes they've brought, it was the people being supported who have led this journey. Their abilities, their interests and most importantly their dreams and aspirations are what paved the way forward. They continue to lead us even further into the future today! And while it is difficult to predict where they will take us over the next several decadesother than more into the communitya few things are certain. The people served by this organization will continue to amaze us with their abilities; move and inspire with their courage; and bring joy to the daily lives of those around them. The journey is never-ending!
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat - Sun Closed
- Disability Services, Developmentally Disabled & Special Needs Services & Products, Employment Services-Non Profit, Special Needs Transportation
- Payment Options
- Next to the Tennessee Vocational Rehabilitation Center on Haley Road, just down the street from the Rutherford County Convenience Center.
- Journeys in Community Living offers individuals with intellectual disabilities a comprehensive set of services in an effort to help the individuals live healthy, secure and meaningful lives.
United Way of Rutherford and Cannon County
Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
Tennessee Community Organizations
Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Member of the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce; Member of Tennessee Community Organizations; Funded by the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities; Funded by United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties; Funded by City of Murfreesboro; Funded by Rutherford County Government