PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
Muy delicioso! We really enjoyed the food and the excellent service at the Fredericksburg location.
We love this place. Friendly employees and great food.
06/17/10Provided by Citysearch
My husband and I love Mexican food. We decided to stop by and give this Mexico a chance. Well I wish we had stopped my Taco Bell. The salsa tasted weird. I ordered Chimchangas and my husband ordered Pollo Yucatan. Neither had any flavor. It was so bad, we didn't eat it. We took our meals home, and the next day I added my own seasoning and flavor. It tasted much better. I'm sorry but I love Mexican and I just can't believe how bad the food was.
06/30/08Provided by Citysearch
I visited Mexico on 360 for an early dinner with friends on Sunday, 6/29/08. There were a few diners present, but not many. Mexico is my least favorite Mexican restaurant chain in Richmond, but it happened to be the most convenient meeting place. Dinner confirmed why it remains at the top of my least favorite list Our waitress barely spoke English and we had to repeat ourselves numerous times while placing our orders. I ordered the chimichanga dinner and requested one soft, one fried. This really stymied her, but surprisingly, that is what I received.
The waitress took our order, and came back once immediately after it was served to ask how it was. We asked for extra napkins and she brought 2. That was the last time we saw her until she brought our check after a very long wait.
Both of my dinner companions ran dry on their beverages and no one ever came around to offer refills. We were sitting within view of the beverage area with no less than three staff members standing just a few feet from our table throughout the entire dinner. We had to flag them down and ask for more water and for a fork when one fell from the table. I suppose they were more interested in their personal conversations than in the diners.
My companions ordered the cheese quesadilla which looked to me to be very dry and a beef enchilada, which they said were okay. Both were ordered with sides of rice. The quesadilla came on a plate with the rice, but the enchilada/rice combo came on two different plates instead of one as a meal.
The chimichanga dinner came with both rice and beans which were good, but the chimichangas were absolutely horrible. Both the soft and the fried had a sour taste to them like something in them had gone bad or was going bad. They were also extremely small compared to the chimis I usually get at El Paso. I guess it is just as well since I opted to neither finish them or bring home leftovers.
Go to El Paso instead. The prices, food, & service are better.
Say Si to Great Taste! Enjoy Any Of Our 7 Locations!
- General Info
- Garcia Family M. It was back in 1990 when Jose & Raul opened their first restaurant in Richmond along with the helping hand from their sister Maria and parents, Jose and Maria Garcia. With their strong work ethic and positive attitude, they have set the example for the next generation in their family to continue what they have started. As the years have progressed, children of Jose and Raul have filled in manager spots in the different Mexico Restaurant locations. New ideas from the younger Garcia's often emerge, keeping the business alive with the same love and dedication as their grandfather did.
- Business History
- Serving the Richmond community since 1990!
- Extra Phones
Innsbrook Location: 804-290-0400
Ashland Location: 804-496-6911
Forest Hill Location: 804-320-1069
Sandston Location: 804-226-2388
Woodlake Location: 804-763-5640
Short Pump Location: 804-360-9446
- Regular Hours
Mon - Thu: Fri: Sat - Sun:
- Family Style Restaurants, Mexican Restaurants, Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants
- * Mexican Restaurants* Restaurants* Family Style Mexican Dining* Gift Card Available* To Go Orders Available
- Payment Options
- Price Range
- With 7 locations in the Richmond area. Bringing you the freshest, most authentic Mexican cuisine since 1990.
- On site parking
- English, Spanish
- Other Information
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin American
Alcohol: Full Bar
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: Yes
Price Range : Below Average
Parking: Lot, Private