PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
Dealing with Mo-Kan Carpet was the most bizarre experience I've ever had.
We hired a company to a heating/cooling/plumbing company to fix a few A/C and plumbing issues at our house. In the process of these repairs, the company tore a small hole in our kitchen floor. That company hired Mo-Kan Carpet to replace our kitchen floor. Mo-Kan installed our new flooring, but when my wife got home, she noticed that she was missing a pie bird. We looked everywhere and didn't want to assume the worst, but we called Mo-Kan and let them know we were missing it. We also told them that the two servicemen who installed the flooring didn't reinstall our oven properly (it was off the tracks and the drawer stuck our two inches), left glue smudges on our refrigerator, and they seemed to have pulled hard on one refrigerator door because it was wiggling and loose. They sent out one of the same two servicemen later that evening. When he arrived, he didn't say what he was doing and got down on the floor and began removing some things underneath our dishwasher. We asked him what he was doing and he said that the other guy with him used our pie bird and our bottle of honey (one thing we didn't notice that was missing yet) to stabilize the dishwasher when they removed it to install the floor. If you're reading this, please re-read what I just wrote — they took a $100 pie bird (a gift from me to my wife) from our countertop and stuck it underneath our dishwasher to support the dishwasher. He fixed the other things and left. He claimed the loose refrigerator handle wasn't their fault but I have a hard time believing that when he and his co-worker stuck two of our items below our dishwasher. When I spoke to the Mo-Kan Carpet, the lady I spoke to didn't seem to understand how ridiculous the situation was. She was dismissive and just said she would pass along my concern. I later learned that she was told another story about what happened to the pie bird. According to this story, the pie bird was accidentally knocked off the countertop into a tool bucket and then accidentally used it as a tool to put underneath the dishwasher. None of it makes sense.
Later, my wife and I noticed that there was already a new tear in the new flooring. The previous flooring had no tears or scratches after five months of living (we've only been in the house for five months). We learned that our dog's toy bone was able to make a dent in the new flooring. We were told this flooring was going to be the same quality as the previous flooring, which is absolutely not the case.
It seems like others have a great experience with Mo-Kan Carpet, and maybe I'm just the one horrible experience. But I recommend having someone watch over the installation to make sure the installers don't use your TV remote, spatula, or any other household item to help them do their job.
- General Info
- For more than 40 years, Mo-Kan Carpet, Inc has provided clients in the Greater Kansas City Metro Area with the highest-quality flooring at the best prices. Mo-Kan Carpets, Inc., a local, family owned and operated company, has been a beacon of professionalism, quality workmanship, and personalized service in the flooring industry since 1970, and we are proud to continue on this path. We understand that you want the best for your home or business, which is why we are here to help you select and install the perfect flooring option for your space! For additional information, please call us today at (816) 895-7193.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri:
- Carpet & Rug Dealers, Carpet & Rug Pads, Linings & Accessories, Carpet Installation, Flooring Contractors, Tile-Contractors & Dealers
- We carry the highest quality carpet, tile, wood floors, vinyl, vinyl tile, and laminate. Hours of Operation: M-F 8AM-5PM, Sat by Appointment - We Accept MasterCard & Visa - We also provide financing.
- Payment Options
- armstrong, beaulieu, daltile
- Downtown Kansas City, Westside North