PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
- General Info
- Bohicket Veterinary Clinic is dedicated to the happiness, health and welfare of all their patients. This facility is equipped with the latest diagnostics so that we can effectively diagnose and treat all patients. Our doctors and staff not only have the knowledge needed for the best care possible but also spend the time needed with each client to answer all questions. We focus on preventative and wellness care as well as being able to diagnose and treat a wide variety of illnesses and emergencies. We hope to see you and your furry family member soon.
- Business History
- Bohicket Veterinary Clinic was purchased in 1998 by Dr. Jonathan Shong and Dr. Michelle Rockwell. They met in veterinary school and found they had the same feelings on how they wanted to run a clinic and how important it was to spend time with each patient and client. They compliment each other in their medical and surgical interests. Dr. Shong finds interest in ultrasound, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmic surgery, and large animal medicine. Dr Rockwell finds interest in dentistry, behavioral medicine, and many routine and non-routine soft tissue surgeries. Dr. Shong graduated from Tuskegee School of Veterinary Medicine Magna Cum Laude in 1996. He spent some of his childhood in Ohio on his grandfathers farm but most of his life has been here in Charleston, South Carolina. Dr. Rockwell graduated for Tuskegee School of Veterinary Medicine Cum Laude in 1997. She grew up in Vineland, New Jersey and moved to Charleston when she met Dr. Shong in veterinary school.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat:
- Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals, Kennels, Pet Boarding & Kennels, Pet Services, Veterinarians, Veterinary Specialty Services
- Our services include but are not limited to: •Examinations – Yearly, Wellness, Geriatric, Interstate and International Health Certificates •Vaccinations – Routine and Custom to each individual patient •Routine Surgeries •Dentistry •Radiology •Ultrasound •Orthopedic and Non-routine Soft Tissue Surgeries •Endoscopy, Cystoscopy and Rhinoscopy •Complete Cardiac Workup – blood pressure, EKG and echocardiograms •Stem Cell Therapy •Telemedicine – to consult with the most knowledgeable specialists in the country •Prescription Diets and a Fully Stocked Pharmacy.
- Payment Options
- comfortis, frontline, wellness
- We have the latest diagnostic equipment available which includes ultrasound, new digital endoscope, new complete in house bloodwork lab and X-ray. Our facilities include a treatment ward for hospitalized patients undergoing intensive and routine medical and surgical therapy. If your feline or canine need to stay for a non-medical reason we have separate cat and dog wards. The cat ward has very comfortable condos which allows them to jump and walk around freely. The dog ward has runs with a very large fenced yard in which your canine pal can run and play. We also have an isolation room for those patients that may be infectious. Our surgery suite is capable of handling almost any surgical or emergency procedure needed. The pharmacy area is fully stocked with the newest drugs available to treat a wide variety of illnesses. Our doctors also have the knowledge and ability to administer certain chemotherapeutic agents for many different cancers.
- Other Information
Specialties: Pocket Pets, Small Animals