PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
Excellent food! Fred is absolutely the best!! Always friendly and always has a smile and a kind demeanor. The waiters and waitresses are wonderful as well. Our family enjoys family get-togethers here often.
12/26/07Provided by Citysearch
I think the first review on this site is for the wrong restaurant -- all the other restaurants the reviewer has written about are near Nashville, TN, and this restaurant is in Fairfield, CA -- I think they posted for the wrong place!
We've been going to Happy Garden for the past 5 years and have always had great, speedy service (particularly for take-out -- it's always ready in 10 minutes), delicious food, and pleasant service. Everything we've had is tasty. Don't be put off by that first review!
10/21/07Provided by Citysearch
We have been dining at this place steadily for a while and typically enjoyed the food. However, one bad did is enough to cross everything good I have to say about this place.
I had placed a take out order Sunday night for our dinner stating clearly that I wanted fried (this is what one of the waiters calls it) fish with ginger and scallions--I have ordered this plate many times before as it was recommende to me by one of the waiters. A waiter on the phone took the order and when I arrived I found out instead a deep fried salt and pepper fish was made for me. I have calmly explained to waiter but he kept saying I ordered deep fried item. I stated that I wanted sliced fish with scallions and ginger. He said that they do not make that one and it is not on the menu. Again, I calmly explained to him that I have ordered this dish many times before. Again, he stood there and kept telling me that I need to know what I order next time and that I should not be ordering deep fried???That really upset me and I told him to remove the item from the menu and give me a refund. And again he stood there I kept talking down to me utill I got very upset. Then he stated that he can get me the other dish instead of deep fried. I said that I do not want anyhting anymore just remove the item from the menu. Again he started talking about how wrong I was with my order and how he will bring me the other dish. Again I asked him to remove the item and give me a refund. That was going on for 5 min.
The problem with this waiter is that instead of apologizing and getting me the item I ordered (and apparently he did not get right over the phone) he kept talking to me as if I was his child and kept scolding me . I will never ever go or order from this place again, even if I have to not eat Chinese anymore. Apparently manners and customer service is not what the waiter is very familiar with. I will simply not support any business with my money if customer service is not important.
06/29/04Provided by Citysearch
I have been waitng for Fairfield to open up a Chinese restaurant that is worth going to so that my family and friends don't have to drive an hour away for great food! The place is decorated with furniture imported from China and they even installed a projector screen for parties that want to sing Karaoke. They have a great menu for lunch and they are usually fast for lunch on the go.
It's great for friends and families big or small, that want to have a nice and relaxing dinner.
Szechuan, Mandarin and Cantonese Style Cuisine
Szechuan, Mandarin & Canton Cuisine
- General Info
- Whether you prefer Szechuan, Mandarin or Cantonese style cuisine you’ll find your favorite dishes prepared to perfection at Happy Garden. We pride ourselves in using only the freshest ingredients. Each dish is prepared just minutes before it is delivered to your table by our courteous and friendly staff. Our goal is to make your visit a memorable one.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
- Restaurants, Asian Restaurants, Caterers, Chinese Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants
- Your meal will be served in our comfortably appointed dining room applying the highest standards of customer service. Our dining room can accommodate you and 65 of your friends. We have two HDTV's for your viewing enjoyment and a projector screen if you and your party want to sing Karaoke. Come join us for a relaxing lunch or dinner. You won't be disappointed!
- Payment Options
- Cantonese, Mandarin, Szechuan
- Green Valley Crossing
- Catering, Make your next special event or get-together a huge success with our mobile catering services. We are happy to provide banquet services and catering for all occasions in the Solano County area.
- Other Information
Parking: Lot, Private
Bike Parking: Yes
Good For Groups: Yes
Good for Kids: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Take Out: Yes
Cuisines: Asian, Take Out, Chinese
Alcohol: Beer, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No