Preparing a Basic Zombie Emergency Kit
Zombie plagues can range from inconvenient to devastating. But you can take some simple steps to minimize their impact on you and your family, and/or maximize your chance of survival.
When preparing for a possible undead hordes emergency situation, it’s best to think first about the basics of survival: guns, blunt objects, sharp objects.
Recommended Items to Include in a Basic Zombie Emergency Kit:
- Guns, at least one per person, with high-caliber handguns as primary weapons and shotguns as backups. Also consider high-caliber rifles.
- Ammunition: at least a three-day supply
- Baseball bats, either wood or aluminum (although aluminum is preferred for easier cleaning)
- Hatchets or machetes
- Hand sanitizer
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties for body removal
- Local maps
Additional Items to Consider Adding to an Emergency Supply Kit
- Prescription medications and glasses
- Complete change of clothing including a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and sturdy shoes. Consider additional clothing if the zombies in your area are particularly squishy.
- Emergency reference material such as a first aid book or books about zombies (World War Z, Patient Zero, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies)
- Fire extinguisher
- Paper, pencil and/or permanent marker