Top 10 Questions to Ask About Your Bank
With all the traditional and online financial institutions available, choosing the right bank for your needs is not always a quick process. Some information bankers provide can make the bank seem perfect without giving you solid facts. Before you start your banking search, make sure you know the top 10 questions to ask about your bank.
- How many banking centers and ATMs do you have in my area?
- Do you have banking centers I can use in other states?
- What is your funds availability policy?
- What kinds of bank accounts do you offer?
- Do you have free online banking?
- What are your hours of operation?
- Is there a 24-hour customer service number in case I have a financial emergency?
- Will you charge me to use another bank’s ATM?
- What can your bank offer me that others cannot?
- What is my liability for unauthorized transactions on my account, including identity theft?