Top 10 Advantages to Staying in a Resort
A resort differs from a hotel in that it attempts to provide for most of its guests’ needs on its premises. Therefore, resorts typically not only offer lodging but also food, drink, sports, entertainment, and shopping onsite. There are many different types of resorts, from spa, golf, and ski resorts, to luxury and all-inclusive facilities. If you’re planning a vacation, a resort stay may be the perfect destination. Here are the top 10 advantages to staying in a resort.
- The promise of a fun adventure: Resorts are geared toward providing a fun adventure and a unique experience. Depending on what you’re looking for, there’s plenty to choose from, such as a destination resort linked with a theme park or historic site, to a ski or beach resort that caters to the perfect winter or summer vacation.
- The all-inclusive option: Although this type of resort isn’t for everyone, it does offer the opportunity for a worry-free, cash-free vacation. In this case, everything is paid for up front—including food, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, and entertainment.
- Choice of guest activities: Resorts typically offer a large variety of activities. This may include golf, skiing and snow activities, water sports, biking, and hiking. Some even offer an eclectic mix of options like yoga classes and foreign language instruction.
- Comprehensive services: If you choose something like a spa resort, you’re often likely to receive comprehensive services as part of the package. In this case, this may include nutritional education and physical fitness activities, as well as spa services.
- Everything’s onsite: Due to the breadth of what a resort has to offer, you probably won’t have to leave the facility during the entire length of your stay. This can provide a perfect opportunity to get away from it all, leaving the hustle and bustle of everyday life behind.
- Childcare facilities: Many resorts offer a “resort within a resort,” or day-camp services packed with activities for kids of all ages. This can be a great way for parents to get that extra time to relax, knowing their children are occupied and safe.
- It’s hassle-free: Above all, resorts are designed to be convenient and to make things as simple as possible for you. Thus, once you arrive, you won’t have to go far to eat, shop, recreate, and do anything else you desire.
- Complimentary airport transportation: Many resorts offer this service, completely getting rid of any need for a car. After all, with everything located right there, once you get to the resort, you should be able to stay put.
- Excursion options: If a resort is located near a tourist destination or area of interest, it may offer excursion options if you decide you’d like to take a day trip. Typically, the resort will provide the bus, the itinerary, a tour guide, and any meals.
- Entertainment: Resorts often provide entertainment for their guests. This can be anything from a luau or BBQ on the beach, to musical entertainment and even interactive fun like karaoke.