Using a Resume Template
A resume template is one of many different ways to put together a resume. Job applicants who don’t feel comfortable enough with their own writing skills should consider a resume template because of the important of resumes in earning a job. The resume and cover letter are the first impressions that a job applicant make with a potential. That’s why it’s so essential that the resume be professional and communicate the job applicant’s message quickly and efficiently.
Benefits of Using a Resume Template
- Best possible resume. The resume is absolutely crucial in the job search process. Employers quickly look over resumes and cover letters searching for a limited number of applicants who will earn job interviews. If you have the slightest doubt in your ability to put together an attractive, compelling resume, then a resume template is an alternative to consider.
- Decide what looks best to you. When you choose a resume template, it’s best to consider a number of possibilities. Compare several side to side to decide which you think is most appealing. At that point, transfer your information into the resume template.
- Simplify the process. Searching for a job can be a time-consuming process as you work on a resume and cover letter, look for openings in your field and prepare for potential job interviews. Taking the risk and uncertainty out of putting together a resume means that one key element of the job search process is taken care of.
- Cost. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of free resume templates available on the Internet. You could hire a professional service, but cost is often a big concern for people conducting job searches.
How to Find a Resume Template
- Microsoft Word. Most computers with word processing programs have resume templates that generally offer several different resume choices. Microsoft Word includes a template that includes a function that helps walk a computer user through the process of creating a resume.
- Search the Internet. Perform a search looking for free resume templates and start sorting through the results. You will find plenty of sites related in some way to employment that include different types of resume templates that you can use in your job search.
- Try job websites. You might want to search some of the larger job search engine websites, many of which offer additional services in addition to job searches. The advantage to searching sites like Indeed or Monster is that the site focuses on jobs and, if they offer resume templates, they likely are set up by resume experts.