Office Cleaning Rates
Office cleaning rates will vary according to the size of the office, the services you require, and the frequency of those services. Here is some information about hiring a cleaning company, usual services offered, and average office cleaning rates.
Office Cleaning Rates
When contacting a company to inquire about their office cleaning rates, you need to remember that you often get what you pay for. No one want to pay too much or have surprise costs when the job is done. Here are some points to consider.
- References: You should probably check with friends or other businesses to get recommendations. One choice is to ask the company for references. There may be consumer reviews on the Internet and the web will have sites for nationwide chains.
- Insurance: Accidents happen and a good business should have insurance to cover your damage and their workers. There may also be licensing requirements for this kind of business that you need to inquire about.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Make sure the price is firm and you know exactly what services are included. Ask about their satisfaction guaranteed policy and if it is put in writing.
- Estimate: A phone estimate will be just that; an estimate. If you have used the company before or they have a good reputation, then that may be enough. If you have never used them, a written estimate may be a good choice.
Office cleaning rates are determined by the services rendered. Companies will customize their job to your specifications. The basics include floor care, bathroom cleaning, and dusting. Some of the services typically offered by cleaning companies are:
- Floor care including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, stripping, waxing
- Kitchen, break room, and bathroom cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized
- Furniture dusting, upholstery and drapes vacuumed
- Windows cleaned
- Lobby door cleaned, elevator controls wiped down and tracks vacuumed
- Conference Room chalk or marker tray cleaned, erasers vacuumed
- Recycling and emptying trash
- Restocking supplies
- Grounds cleaned and maintained, including parking lot, lawn, and landscaping
- Pressure washing exterior structures
- After construction clean up
Office cleaning rates will vary according to the area where your office is located, which services are needed, how often you need services, and local competition. Office cleaning rates in small towns will be less than the rates in a large metropolitan area. Rates also depend on the size of your office and the type of flooring. Rates are generally between 20 and 40 dollars an hour. Basic cleaning of a small office done once a week will be at least 150 dollars a month.
Another thing to consider is asking for ecologically friendly products to be used. Some cleaning companies use green products exclusively while others have that option for you. If you or your company is concerned about the environment and wants to reduce its carbon footprint, then this is an important consideration. You may want to ask about the vacuums used and if they have a good filtration system. Also, there are mops that have reusable heads, so they do a much better cleaning job than the old-fashioned wringer-type cloth mops. The old kind spreads germs from place to place so it is not very sanitary.
No matter what size office you have, now you have an idea of the services and rates involved in cleaning it. Office cleaning rates for “going green” are usually 5-10 dollars higher per hour but it is well worth the extra cost to be cleaner, healthier, and more eco-friendly.