Mobile Cat Grooming ‐ Great for Your Cat and for You
Mobile cat grooming is a convenient grooming service that will provide all of your cat’s grooming needs. Mobile grooming services for cats can also be extremely helpful if your cat requires repeated baths or if the furry members of your household are currently suffering from a flea infestation.
Pros of Mobile Cat Grooming
The number one reason to use mobile cat grooming: cats usually hate car rides. Though there are a few exceptions to this rule, most felines do not enjoy vehicles, and a trip to the groomers with an anxious cat is not only stressful for the cat – it can be very stressful for the pet owner as well.
A mobile grooming service will also save you time – you won’t have to spend time driving to and from the groomers, or waiting at the groomers – and mobile grooming may offer expanded hours that are more suitable to your schedule.
Mobile Cat Grooming Services
Mobile cat grooming services which are offered through most mobile groomers include:
- Shampoo and deep condition; you may also request a specific type of shampoo or conditioner product such as natural pet shampoo or shampoo that will soothe irritated skin.
- Flea treatments which may include a shampoo with a flea killing shampoo and/or applying a topical flea treatment which will last up to one month.
- Nail care which includes trimming nails, filing nails to round out jagged edges and applying soft claw caps.
- A lion cut shave down or a brush out to reduce shedding and to cool your cat during hot summer months.
- Anal gland expression if your cat has a chronic anal gland condition.
- Ear and eye services which include cleaning ears and removing tear stains.
Mobile Cat Grooming Considerations
While mobile cat grooming is a terrific service, there are some considerations to take into account before you call the groomers. If you live in a gated community, or you are a part of a neighborhood association, check first to be sure that you can use mobile grooming in your area; a groomer may be unable to provide services to your home too if you live in an extremely rural area or if you live off a rough or steep undeveloped road, so if you live in such an area check with the groomer first before you schedule an appointment.