Top 10 Legitimate Work From Home Opportunities
Real paying work from home jobs are available, but you need to be aware of common Internet scams before you try your hand at a home career. Fortunately, with this list of the top 10 legitimate work from home opportunities, you can tailor your job search to real home jobs and avoid many of the common scams associated with work from home employment advertisements.
- Customer Service Rep – one of the top legitimate work from home opportunities is in the customer service rep industry. More and more companies are outsourcing their customer service needs, not to call centers in other counties but to home workers who can provide a high level of customer service care.
- Becoming an Infopreneur – if you have the patience and the money to invest your time in building an informative website, you can eventually become a successful infopreneur and earn a quality income from affiliate and advertising revenues from your website.
- Web-based Marketing – many successful home based workers are turning to web-based marketing, a job which involves creating a website and then marketing an existing product; income from this type of job is generated from sales commissions.
- Freelancing – a majority of legitimate work from home opportunities involve offering a freelance service such as copy writing, editing, tutoring, tax preparation, or bookkeeping.
- Virtual Assistant – the virtual assistant, or virtual secretary, is a growing home employment position for those with a background in secretarial work, human resources or accounting. Many top companies are employing virtual assistants to pick-up extra work and to reduce employee costs.
- Virtual Concierge – a niche home employment opportunity is the virtual concierge, although it can be tricky building a client base. As a virtual concierge you can help to arrange vacations, business trips, and even shopping adventures for your clients.
- Sales – one of the oldest work from home jobs is in sales. Many of these jobs are commission based though, so be sure to hire on with a company that markets a product which will sell well even in tough economic times.
- Reservation Specialist – the home based reservation specialist works with travel agencies, airlines, and hotels to schedule client reservations and to track payments and arrange special customer needs.
- Transcription Work – if you are a fast typist you may be able to take on transcription work for extra money. Sign on with a company that specializes in transcription contracts which involve transcribing recorded conversations.
- Virtual Research Assistant – another small niche of legitimate work from home opportunities is virtual research assistant positions. The virtual researcher may work for educators, writers, scientists, or even other researchers to locate in-depth information on specific subjects.