Top 10 Jobs with Flexible Work Hours
This list of top 10 jobs with flexible hours includes employment that will offer you the ability to set your own schedule – whether you want to work part or full-time. As with most flexible jobs, you may need to start your own business and learn how to market your services to build a list of steady clients.
- Sales Jobs – Jobs in sales generally come with extremely flexible work hours. You can choose how much time you wish to devote to this job and adjust your income based on the number of sales commissions you receive.
- Home Customer Service Rep – A home customer service rep can usually pick and choose which hours of the week they are going to be working – so you can set your own hours from week to week.
- Maintenance Jobs – As a maintenance worker you may have the occasional emergency job that demands immediate attention, but for the majority of maintenance jobs you can choose what hours of the day, or night, you will be working.
- Dental Hygienist – Many dentists hire hygienists for only a few days a week, so hygienists often work for more than one dentist – but they have control over the schedule they choose (for example, weekend, day and/or night hours).
- Housekeeper – If you start your own housekeeping business, you can create a weekly schedule and set how many hours of the week you want to work. Home housekeeper jobs generally take place during the day, but you can find night jobs too at small offices or large corporations.
- Professional Driver – Whether you want to work as a taxi driver or a professional chauffeur, a job as a driver offers some of the most flexible work hours; you can pick and choose which jobs to take, and which hours you want to work.
- Freelance Copy Writer – As a freelance copy writer, you can work at home and create your own work load. Plus – you can decide when you want to work.
- Private Tutor – Offering tutoring services in your own home, or traveling to a client’s home, will give you the freedom to choose how many hours a week you work and provide you with a little flex room for setting your appointments.
- Professional Massage – Providing professional massages, whether for humans or pets – is the perfect job if you want flexible hours. You may either want to set up your own massage business, or work with a company that offers employees flexible work schedules.
- Pet Sitter – A professional pet sitter can choose how many clients they wish to schedule and may enjoy flexible work hours during the week. While pets will need your services during specific times of the day, this type of job still offers more flexibility than the average 9 to 5 work schedule.