Advantages and Disadvantages of False Eyelashes
Using false eyelashes may be an excellent option if you want to increase the length and volume of your eyelashes without the hassle of putting on different types of mascara every time you want to accent your lashes. However, there are both advantages and disadvantages to getting false lashes, and it is always best to keep these in mind when deciding whether to visit a professional for these.
Advantages of False Eyelashes
Following are some of the most prominent advantages of false eyelashes:
- Enhance your appearance: eyelash extensions are a perfect way to enhance your appearance and give yourself long, beautiful lashes if you do not have them naturally. These extensions are also usually available in various lengths and colors, which helps you select lashes that are similar to your natural ones.
- Are very convenient: extensions are extremely convenient since they usually last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months depending on the type of lashes you get. This can be very useful if you want to avoid spending extensive amounts of time doing your makeup every day.
- Are versatile: extensions are very versatile in the sense that you can wear them for any occasion. Whether you want to dress up and accent your lashes by applying your favorite color of mascara or want to wear clear mascara for a more casual look, extensions are perfect for any occasion.
Disadvantages of False Eyelashes
Following are some disadvantages you should consider before getting false eyelashes:
- Require a long application: in most cases, extensions take anywhere from one to two hours for a professional to apply, which can be somewhat uncomfortable if you have a difficult time sitting still for that long with someone working on your eyes.
- Are costly: you can usually expect to spend anywhere from $100 to $300 for extensions depending on the type of lashes you choose.
- Require extensive maintenance: professional extensions usually require you to replace them every six to eight weeks and make a few modifications to keep them from coming off between visits. For example, you must use water-based mascaras and avoid using any makeup removers or makeup products that contain oil, since these can loosen the adhesive holding the false lashes in place.