Pros and Cons of Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions are an ideal solution for some people who want to increase the length and volume of their natural eyelashes, as these allow you to have longer and darker lashes and enable you to avoid the hassle of applying tons of mascara every time you want to enhance your appearance. There are both pros and cons of wearing eyelash extensions, however, and you should keep both in mind when determining whether this cosmetic procedure is a good solution for you.
Pros of Eyelash Extensions
Following are some of the main advantages of eyelash extensions:
- Appearance: while some women have naturally long, lush, and full eyelashes, many women need a little help to achieve this look. Getting artificial eyelashes is a great way to accomplish this, especially since they are available in different lengths and colors to ensure your eyelashes appear as natural as possible.
- Convenience: since extensions usually last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, they are very convenient for women who do not have extensive amounts of time to spend on makeup. These extensions can accent your eyes without requiring you to spend time applying different types of eye makeup. In addition, some extensions are water-resistant and you can wear them when swimming, exercising, or showering without worrying about them loosening.
- Versatility: you can wear these extensions daily and for any occasion, whether you want to dress up or just be casual. During the day, you can simply wear clear mascara for a casual look, and you can use your favorite color of mascara at night to make your lashes more noticeable.
Cons of Eyelash Extensions
Following are some disadvantages of eyelash extensions:
- Application process: whenever you get extensions, you should prepare to spend anywhere from one to two hours for a professional to apply them correctly, as this time varies depending on the number of extensions you get. The process can also be somewhat uncomfortable, especially if you find it difficult to sit still for that long with someone working close to your eyes.
- Cost: in most cases, you can expect to spend anywhere from $100 to $300 for extensions depending on the type of lashes you choose.
- Maintenance: professionally applied eyelashes usually require you to replace them every six to eight weeks and require a certain amount of care between visits. For example, you must use water-based mascara and avoid using any oil-based products, since these can loosen the adhesive that keeps the extensions in place. You must also avoid rubbing your eyes when you have extensions.
Eyelash extensions are a great way to enhance the beauty of your eyes by giving you long, full lashes. However, there are also negative aspects to wearing extensions, and it is extremely important to keep both in mind when deciding whether lash extensions are a good option for you.