8 Great Reasons Spring Breakers Love Las Vegas
If you play your cards right, Las Vegas could well be one of the best spring break escapes. It’s been popular for some time, but it’s been steadily rising in the rankings and has gained quite a following in recent years.
Some surveys, in fact, indicate Las Vegas is the most popular destination, beating out more traditional spots like Florida and Texas. Here are 8 great reasons why spring breakers love Las Vegas:
- Climate. During peak spring break season (late February to mid-April), daytime temperatures tend to hover in the mid-60s to mid-70s. Nighttime temps are cooler, but they’re moderate, too, averaging in the low- to mid-50s. Most days are sunny and mild, and while scattered showers do occur, they rarely last long.
- Good rooms. Spring break can be a good time to secure good rooms at decent prices. Peak winter season has passed and there are fewer major events, so a wide variety of rooms and rentals are readily available in all price ranges. Most hotels also offer special deals and discounts on everything from meals to drinks, shows, massages, beer barrels and more.
- Good deals. Vegas can be quite affordable, especially when compared to other popular destinations. Airlines and hotels offer reasonable rates, and special package deals are widely available. Known for its inexpensive buffets, the city boasts a wide array of reasonably priced restaurants as well. High-end meals and shows can get pricey, but there are deals to be had there as well.
- Nightlife. With dancing, live music, big-name bands and entertainment, Vegas has a vibrant nightlife. Bars and clubs range from fun and funky to cozy and casual or elite and expensive, so there are options to suit every taste and budget.
- Pools. Vegas is packed with fabulous pools: Some feature waves, some resemble beaches, and some offer poolside foosball, ping pong, pool tables and more.
- Parties. Vegas is a party-friendly city packed with party-friendly venues. Many clubs sponsor big-name acts and host large-scale parties, while hotel pools schedule blowout pool parties featuring DJs, celebrity hosts and live entertainment. (Plan to arrange tickets in advance.)
- Entertainment. If you feel the need to take a break from clubbing, pool parties and similar diversions, there’s plenty to see. Check out the Cirque du Soleil, comedy acts, concerts, bands, singers, dancers and entertainers performing at venues large and small throughout the city.
- Other stuff. If you have the time, energy and motivation, there are other things to do. Visit the Grand Canyon, enjoy one of the longest ziplines in the nation at Bootleg Canyon, play the slots, gamble a little, shop, and have a good time.