PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
04/14/11Provided by Citysearch
Park in the public parking by the train tracks and walk to Lee St, they're right there in the first block.
After reading some other reviews, I almost didn't go. But they had what I needed so I went in.
The owner IS chatty, so are a lot of people. I suppose it can be annoying for some folks. I'm a talker, so we got along just fine. I DID have to bring the conversation back around to cameras a few times, LOL!
I shoot a lot of 35mm film and they have a lot of 35mm cameras, lenses, lens caps, filters and all kinds of stuff you won't find anyplace else. They also have digital equipment and do photo processing. I haven't had them do any developing yet. So many camera stores treat you like a freak if you still shoot film, here they do not.
They'll get you any film or paper you need, and seem really enthusiastic about the equipment.
As far as things being overpriced, you can go to ANY camera store and pay too much for some things. I do my research on anything that costs more than a few bucks. EXAMPLE: A Lens Pen for cleaning your lens. You'd think Walmart would be cheaper than a Camera store, right? Wrong. I found a the same model of Lens Pen for $3.50 cheaper at Wolf than Walmart. Always shop, never assume.
I ended up buying the filter I went in for and a few other items also. I know the prices were good because I know what these things sell for in stores and on the Internet. I'll probably be taking a camera in to be serviced and we'll see how that goes.
RECAP: If you shoot film and are looking for something, go in.
I know I'll go back, and if the work on my camera goes well, I'll make it a 5 star review.
Looking for a real camera store? Your complete camera & digital source.
- General Info
- Alpine Camera Company has been offering expert camera service & repair throughout the Chicagoland area since 1945. We also buy, sell and trade new and pre-owned photographic equipment and accessories. We carry a full line of film, digital cameras and accessories, from today's latest technology to a unique collection of classic cameras and photographic equipment. These are just a few of the many brands we carry: • Canon • Nikon • Fuji • Kodak • Tamron • Tokina Looking for the latest in photographic gear? Alpine Camera Company carries lenses, filters, flash units, tripods, converters, camera batteries and bags. Alpine Camera Company is also your source for services such as: film to video; DVD transfer; a HUGE selection of projectors & lamps; movie & slide projector rentals, and digital photo restoration of your prized old family photos. Come in today for custom photo processing, both film and digital. Remember...we're the home of the "instant passport photo"! Also, check out our new and improved website today.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat: Sun Closed
- Photographic Equipment & Supplies, Photo Finishing, Photography & Videography, Travel Clubs
- Photo Albums
- Camera Repair
- Photographic Equipment Rental
- Photography Lighting
- Commercial Photofinishing
- Digital Cameras
- Passports & Visas
- Custom Cameras
- Camera Lenses
- Used Photography Equipment
- Photo Studio Equipment
- Digital Prints
- Photo Retouching
- Photo Film Developing
- Wholesale Photographic Equipment
- Motion Picture Equipment
- Photo Restoration
- Disposable Cameras
- Payment Options
- Other Information
Services: Photo Albums, Camera Repair, Photographic Equipment Rental, Photography Lighting, Commercial Photofinishing, Digital Cameras, Passports & Visas, Custom Cameras, Camera Lenses, Used Photography Equipment, Photo Studio Equipment, Digital Prints, Photo Retouching, Photo Film Developing, Cameras, Wholesale Photographic Equipment, Motion Picture Equipment, Film, Photo Restoration, Disposable Cameras