PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
08/30/11Provided by Citysearch
I've waited 2 months to see if someone at Eddies would step up and take responsibility...none taken so I get to post the review of my first and LAST time at Eddies!
My mechanic took my car to Eddies for a catalytic converter. Within 20 minutes I get a call from my mechanic asking if my ignition switch is sticky at times because it's at Eddies and stuck. I head back over there only to check the situation and the ignition is frozen solid.
I ask which key they used and they point out the right one but I think they used the wrong one because I've never had issues before.
So, while waiting in their lobby for 5 minutes for the 2 shops to hash it out...the following events occur in front of my eyes. I know it will sound unbelievable that so many similar things happened in 5 minutes right after finding out my ignition was toast but is is all true!
1. The desk guy hands a lady keys and she comes back 1 minute later announcing that those aren't her keys, hers is a Tracker. Shop guy fumbles for the right ones which are also unmarked
2. A mechanic brings a set of keys in and drops them on the counter next to the wrong ones the Tracker lady brought back
3. Shop guy picks up both sets of keys and looks at both unmarked sets and sheepishly says ""why don't my guys label keys?""
4. I say that's probably how the wrong key got used in my ignition and ruined it. Shop guy says ""no my guy says it was like that when your mechanic drove it over""
Riiiight! 5 minutes 4 key errors? $85 to save having this permanent record of your screw up...
My mechanic ended up paying for a new igition...things are awkward for me now.
04/26/10Provided by Citysearch
PULLED UP TO VANS ALIGNMENT AND SAW EDDIE FROM EDDIES TIRE IN THE PARKING LOT SO I ASK WHERE DID VANS ALIGNMENT GO TO AND HE SAID HE BOUGHT THEM OUT THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS SO HE RECOMMENDED I GO TO HIS SHOP ARROUND THE CORNER SO I DID AND WHILE WAITING TO BE ATTENDED TO I DECIDED TO DIAL VANS ALIGNMENTS PHONE NUMBER AND GUESS WHAT THE OWNER OF VANS ANSWERED AND SAID THEY HAD MOVED . WHEN I TOLD VICTOR AND EDDIE THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME AN ANSWER. PEOPLE DO NOT NEED THIS TYPE OF DECEPTION IF YOUR WORK IS GOOD THEY WILL COME!
11/07/06Provided by Citysearch
I was looking for a place to get a custom exhaust system made for my 06 F150. everywere I went to I was quoted around 1K dollars, and I wasnt too sure about the quality. A few of my buddies from work directed me to Eddie's and told me to ask for mike. So why not right. So i go to Eddie's and ask for mike. He basically hooked me up. He explained to me all my options from single outlet to dual exhuast and the different mufflers he could intstall. Needless to say Eddie's has what you want for exhaust systems. Not only was he very informative, the price was hundreds less and the quality of work he did was exceptional. I love it. The exhaust sounds great and the stainless steel tips blend in with my truck perfect. I couldnt of asked for anything better. thanks mike. I know Eddie's has complete auto service there too, but I've only had exhaust work done. But they did give me a great quote on some really nice tires for my truck. I definitetly recommend Eddie's to everyone. I know my buddies from work go there for all there car repairs and tires. So im definitely going there when I need work done. You should check it out. They're really cool there since its a family run place you can kick back not feel the pressure of the sales men like at your typical Auto repair chain.
- General Info
- We have been providing Chula Vista, CA with the highest quality auto repairs since 1980. Being employee-owned, we are invested in every customer and will treat you with honesty and integrity. We are more than just a muffler shop or tire shop; we are your one-stop-shop for all your car repair and maintenance needs. Why go to a brake shop and have a mechanic trained in only brakes work on your vehicle when they could miss other problems? Our technicians are ASE certified and we have state-of-the-art diagnostic and repair equipment, so you know the job is done correctly the first time. Call now to schedule an appointment with the best auto repair shop in town!
- Regular Hours
Mon - Sat:
- Tire Dealers, Auto Oil & Lube, Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Accessories, Automobile Diagnostic Service, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Brake Repair, Tire Recap, Retread & Repair, Wheels
- brake service & systems
- catalytic converters
- computerized engine analysis
- cooling system maintenance
- emissions testing
- exhaust repair
- fuel injection service
- muffler repair and replacement
- oil lube and filter
- shock and strut repair
- wheel alignment
- Payment Options
- Otay Town, West Chula Vista
- ASE Certified
- Other Information