PHOTOS AND VIDEOS
REVIEWS Write a Review
A good family barbershop. My sons and I had a great experience. Patient with children, and a good value.
A friendly shop, good customer service, nice cut at a reasonable price.
09/24/11Provided by Citysearch
Just had a haircut. This is a nice local shop, they've been in Boulder for over 50 years. Experienced barbers, and a friendly place. I liked being greeted by the owner as soon as I came in. She also cut my hair, and obviously has experience, I think her Dad started the shop. Good barbers and a good price.
08/06/11Provided by Citysearch
Our entire family has been coming to Silver and Gold for over 25 years: my husband first, then my daughters started when they were little, and now I go. No appointment necessary but the wait usually isn't very long. Good service at a good price.
03/19/11Provided by Citysearch
Cozy warm atmosphere. I was honestly surprised by the time and care they took.. The shop was busy, but all the men got a hot towel, neck shave with an old fashioned razor, and a neck message after the cut. I was afraid it would cost more than $16.00, but it was all included. My cut was just fine. A very relaxing experience. I highly reccomend this barbershop!!
Nice atmosphere, friendly experienced staff, great haircut.
Great place, experienced barbers and stylists. Reasonable prices and a friendly, professional staff.
10/12/09Provided by Citysearch
This is the friendliest business I have ever been in! My boyfriend and I were walk in clients and felt so welcome. We were greeted by several stylists and felt very comfortable from the start. The shop was very buisy, and we noticed the stylists were pleasant and seemed to go out of their way to greet people. We both got cuts we really liked and I was surprized at the time & care my stylist took with my long hair. Best $20 I have ever spent, we will be back for certain.
I grew up in Boulder and always came to ""the shop"" for my haircuts. The stylists knew me by name and always did a great job. It has a classic barbershop feel and friendly employees. I now bring my 3 year old daughter there for her haircuts. She loves to see her picture on the wall, along with all the other kids who got their first haircut there. The lollipops on the check-out counter are a great plus too :)
Having recently graduated from CU I'm leaving Boulder after this summer. Before I leave I just had to give a shout out to the people at the Silver and Gold who have been awesome over the last four years. For all of you other Buffs out there looking for a great doo, this is the place. They will always do a great job and treat you right. ...and to the Silver and Gold, Peace!
08/21/08Provided by Citysearch
I went to Silver & Gold as a CU student in the 80's and upon returning to Boulder was happy to find they are still here! I think this place has been around since the fifty's! Fred the owner was not in, but rumor has it he still works every day. The place is now run by his daughter, Lori. It's nice to see one thing in Boulder that hasn't changed too much. A local bargain, and a fun place to get my haircut. Guy's you really should check this place out, I'm tired of the BS. This place is real!
04/16/08Provided by Citysearch
I discovered this place while walking my son to the ice cream store on the hill. He is three and had a haircut, and the stylist was great with with him. I then had mine cut, and later refered my wife. It is now the only place we go.( My wife also had color done for a lot less than she was used to paying, and loved it .) The prices are fantastic, the atmosphere comfortable, and this place truly has a local feel, a nice change from the franchises all over Boulder.
09/28/06Provided by Citysearch
I like this place. I have been to several different stylists here and have always been pleased. It definitely has a barbershop tradition, no appointment and really cool old chairs. The atmosphere is casual, comfortable and very friendly. No pretense here. A few of the stylists seem a bit young, but capable. Depending on your needs I would ask about experience level as there are several stylists to choose from and each seems to have his or her own specialties. Over all I think this is a great value. I recommend it highly.
03/21/06Provided by Citysearch
My stylist did not seem to know what she was doing - I think if I had asked for anything more difficult than a trim, she would have botched it. I asked her to dry my hair at the end, but she dried it only halfway and didn't style it, so it was limp and wet (plus it was the middle of February, so it was freezing). Fortunately I was able to style it normally when I got home, though I was miserable when I left. She said my hair was frizzy, but my hair is not frizzy, just naturally curly, and the water on my hair was drying it out more than anything. I think this place is so close to the university that they don't have to worry about return customers, and so it's not a big deal to them if they butcher your hair.
Boulder's Best Barber and Salon
- General Info
- Are you looking for a new style, a new haircut, a bit of color, or simply a good old fashioned barbershop? Whatever your hair care needs, we are here for you. Boulders alternative to the quick corporate cut or a high priced salon. Founded in 1959, Silver & Gold Barber and Stylist has served the Boulder, Colorado area for over fifty years. A family owned and operated business, our main goal throughout our history has remained the same: to deliver quality, value, and most of all service. From our early barbershop traditions of the tapered men's cut, razor fade, or hot straight edge shave, to our modern techniques of precisions men's cutting, women's hair styling, and color services, we at Silver and Gold take great pride in the experience of our stylists and the quality of our work. We value each and every one of our clients, past, present and future. We invite you to visit our relaxed, friendly environment. A Modern Classic Experience "Man"pering the Silver & Gold Barbers and Stylist Way Founded on the principals of traditional barbering and quality customer service, Silver & Gold is the barbershop for the modern male. Our men's haircuts include a straight razor neck shave, a relaxing steam towel and a light neck or shoulder massage for $20.00, with special rates for active military, ROTC, and CU students. A shampoo is available upon request at no additional charge. We also offer men's coloring services to blend and minimize grey hair naturally in ten minutes using Redken Camo Color for only $25.00, excluding haircut. We offer precision scissor styling, texturizing and layered cuts as well as modern clipper cutting and fades. If a traditional barbershop is more to your liking, visit our new "brother" shop, located just one block west, on the corner of 13th & College Ave. Experience local Boulder at its finest.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat: Sun:
- Beauty Salons, Barbers, Hair Weaving, Nail Salons
- Walk-Ins Welcome
- Hair Washing
- Adult Cuts
- Family Oriented
- Hair Coloring
- Head Shaving
- Face Shaving
- Hair Straightening
- Hair Styling
- Beard & Moustache Trimming
- High Quality Casual-Fun Experience
- High Quality Cuts
- Blow Drying
- Children's Haircuts
- Military Discounts
- Men's Services
- Hair Care Products
- Payment Options
- Paul Mitchel and Matrix Biolage Products, We use American Crew
- University Hill, Central Boulder
Student and Military Discounts
- Other Information
Parking: Lot, Self
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Price Range : Average
By Appointment Only: No