- About Yellow Pages
- Accidents and Accident Attorneys
- Accounting and Taxes
- Air Conditioning and Cooling
- Apartment Living
- Attorneys and Lawyers Specialties
- Auto Dealers and Car Buying
- Auto Insurance
- Auto Repair
- Bail Bonds
- Banking Online
- Black Friday Shopping
- Car Loan Refinance
- Car Rental
- Carpet and Rug Cleaning
- Cash Advance Loans
- Chimney Sweep and Repair
- Christmas and December Holidays
- City Guides
- Cleaning and Janitorial Services
- College And Universities
- Computers and Internet Services
- Concrete and Masonry
- Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
- Cyber Monday
- Debt Consolidation
- Dentists and Dental Procedures
- Dining Out
- Divorce and Custody Attorneys
- Doctors and Medical Specialties
- Economic Stimulus Info 2009
- Electricians and Energy
- Energy Alternatives
- Event and Party Planning
- Fire and Water Damage
- Flowers and Florists
- Flu Information
- Funerals and Cemeteries
- Garbage and Recycling
- Green Living Ideas
- Heating and HVAC
- Holidays and Monthly Observations
- Home Building
- Home Buying
- Home Insurance
- Home Security
- House Cleaning Services
- Identity Theft
- Insurance Specialties
- Interior Design and Decor
- Jewelry and Jewelers
- Job Search
- Lawn Care
- Legal Help
- Life Insurance
- Locks and Locksmiths
- Martial Arts
- Mosquitoes and Disease
- New Years Tips
- Parenting and Child Care
- Pediatrics and Child Health
- Personal Injury
- Personal Loans
- Pest Control
- Pet Grooming
- Preschools and Kindergartens
- Real Estate Loans
- Realtors and Real Estate
- Salons and Spas
- Senior Living and Retirement
- Small Business Tips
- Social Networking
- Student Loan Refinance
- Super Bowl Facts
- Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs
- Tax Return Help
- Television Services
- Test Preparation and Tutoring
- Veterinarians and Pet Care
- Wedding Planning
- World Series Facts
Ten Wedding Planning Tips
It can take months of planning to organize a wedding, but these tips will give you a head start for deciding how to make your big day one to remember. After reading these, finding a wedding planner will give you an almost unlimited supply of planning tips to bring your wedding together beautifully.
Traditional invitations are, of course, rectangular and open like a greeting card. For a unique way to announce your upcoming nuptials, consider a custom shape -
- a seashell for a beach-themed wedding,
- a Christmas tree or poinsettia for a Christmas wedding,
- a tulip or bird for a spring wedding,
- a fan for a summer wedding,
- a pumpkin or leaf for an autumn wedding,
- a snowflake for a winter wedding,
- or a heart just for the romance!
An Unconventional Setting
Churches are by far the most common location for weddings, but so many unconventional spots can be just as beautiful. A national or state park can make a breathtakingly beautiful locale, and, if you're the camping type, you could honeymoon right there too. An art gallery or museum is quite unique and also comes with ready-made decorations. Animals lovers could tie the knot at a nearby zoo or wildlife sanctuary, while frequent travelers may enjoy exchanging vows on a train.
Hold the Flowers, Please
Flowers and weddings go hand in hand, but nothing says that floral arrangements must be the primary decoration. Balloons are festive and create a cheerful atmosphere. Framed photographs of the bride and groom throughout the sites where the ceremony and reception will be held provide enjoyable visuals for your guests. Photos could chronicle the couple's childhoods, meeting, and engagement.
Putting Your Stamp on Everything
Couples can order personalized stickers that will adhere to glass doors or windows. Guests could be welcomed to the wedding site with large stickers announcing the names of the bride and groom along with the date. An aisle runner can also be monogrammed with your initials to make your descent down the aisle ultra personal. An aisle runner in one of your theme colors would be attractive and more unique than the traditional white or red.
Tips for Planning the Wedding Ceremony
Modern life means that brides sometimes have as many "guy friends" as they do "girl friends." No hard and fast rule says that the bride can have only bridesmaids. A man of honor or "bridesmen" are perfectly acceptable - as long as your fiance agrees, of course! By the same token, a groom could have a best woman or "groomswomen."
An Entrance All Your Own
For centuries, brides have been escorted down the aisle by their fathers. It's still a special moment for many brides and fathers. If you prefer a different approach, however, it's considered acceptable in most circles for a bride to walk down the aisle however she wishes. The alternative possibilities are many:
- The bride can walk alone.
- The bride and groom can walk together.
- The bride may be escorted by both her mother and father.
- The bride's grandfather, brother, uncle, or close friend may escort her down the aisle.
Instead of the normal slow march, a bride, along with her groom perhaps, could skip or dance down the aisle - what a way to express the excitement of the moment!
Any one of a wide range of songs could be played during the processional instead of the normal "Here Comes the Bride." A favorite song or a love song especially enjoyed by the bride or groom would make perfectly acceptable choices.
- "Can't Take My Eyes off of You" by Frankie Valli
- "Cherish" by The Association
- "I Can't Believe You Are in Love With Me" by Frank Sinatra
- "November Rain" by Guns N Roses
- "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin
Blending the Sand
A blending of the sand ceremony is an alternative to the Unity Candle with the same symbolic meaning. It's especially appropriate at a beach wedding but can be incorporated into any ceremony. An empty vase, sometimes shaped like a heart, is displayed on a table between two smaller containers filled with sand. The smaller containers may be shaped like vials or pitchers for easy pouring. The bride and groom will each take a small container and pour the sand, at the same time, into the vase. The blending sand represents the blending of their two lives into one.
"I Do," Your Way
Personalized vows are a surefire way to make your wedding unique from any other before or since. Some couples write what is on their hearts, in a sort of stream of consciousness fashion, to share during the ceremony. Others write poetry about one another or about their feelings. If expressing what is in your heart doesn't come easily, selecting poetry or prose written by another is always an option.
A Refreshing Conclusion
Especially if there will be a delay between the end of the ceremony and the start of the reception - for photos of the wedding party, perhaps - it can be a nice touch to serve refreshing drinks to guests. Drinks to complement the wedding theme are a good idea.
- Coconut milk for a beach theme
- Eggnog for a winter or Christmas wedding
- Lemonade for a spring wedding
- Snow cones for a light-hearted summer wedding
Hopefully these tips have given you ideas for planning your own wedding or spurred you to think of some new and different ideas yourself. Openly discussing all of your ideas with your wedding planner will help him or her organize a wedding that you can thoroughly enjoy and will always look back upon with treasured memories.