- About Yellow Pages
- Accidents and Accident Attorneys
- Accounting and Taxes
- Air Conditioning and Cooling
- Apartment Living
- Attorneys and Lawyers Specialties
- Auto Dealers and Car Buying
- Auto Insurance
- Auto Repair
- Bail Bonds
- Banking Online
- Black Friday Shopping
- Car Loan Refinance
- Car Rental
- Carpet and Rug Cleaning
- Cash Advance Loans
- Chimney Sweep and Repair
- Christmas and December Holidays
- City Guides
- Cleaning and Janitorial Services
- College And Universities
- Computers and Internet Services
- Concrete and Masonry
- Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
- Cyber Monday
- Debt Consolidation
- Dentists and Dental Procedures
- Dining Out
- Divorce and Custody Attorneys
- Doctors and Medical Specialties
- Economic Stimulus Info 2009
- Electricians and Energy
- Energy Alternatives
- Event and Party Planning
- Fire and Water Damage
- Flowers and Florists
- Flu Information
- Funerals and Cemeteries
- Garbage and Recycling
- Green Living Ideas
- Heating and HVAC
- Holidays and Monthly Observations
- Home Building
- Home Buying
- Home Insurance
- Home Security
- House Cleaning Services
- Identity Theft
- Insurance Specialties
- Interior Design and Decor
- Jewelry and Jewelers
- Job Search
- Lawn Care
- Legal Help
- Life Insurance
- Locks and Locksmiths
- Martial Arts
- Mosquitoes and Disease
- New Years Tips
- Parenting and Child Care
- Pediatrics and Child Health
- Personal Injury
- Personal Loans
- Pest Control
- Pet Grooming
- Preschools and Kindergartens
- Real Estate Loans
- Realtors and Real Estate
- Salons and Spas
- Senior Living and Retirement
- Small Business Tips
- Social Networking
- Student Loan Refinance
- Super Bowl Facts
- Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs
- Tax Return Help
- Television Services
- Test Preparation and Tutoring
- Veterinarians and Pet Care
- Wedding Planning
- World Series Facts
2002 - Super Bowl XXXVI - New England Patriots vs St. Louis Rams
New England Patriots 20
St. Louis Rams 17
February 3, 2002
Super Bowl XXXVI was at the Louisiana Superdome. The AFC champion Patriots (14-5) faced the NFC champion Rams (16-3). Due to the September 11 attacks, the game was rescheduled from January 27.
On their opening drive, the heavily favored Rams completed a 50-yard field goal.
In the second quarter, Kurt Warner was intercepted and the ball returned 47 yards for a touchdown.
Tom Brady threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to make the halftime score 14-3.
Late in the third quarter, Warner was intercepted and the ball returned to the Rams' 33 to set up a 37-yard field goal.
Early in the fourth quarter, Warner fumbled at the Patriots' 3. New England returned the ball for a touchdown, but it was called back by a holding penalty. Warner scored on a 2-yard run.
Warner tied the game 17-17 on a 26-yard touchdown pass with 1:30 left.
With no timeouts, New England drove to the Rams' 30 and Brady spiked the ball with seven seconds left.
Adam Vinatieri kicked a 48-yard field-goal, giving the Patriots their first Super Bowl title and one of the greatest upsets.
Brady was Super Bowl XXXVI's MVP, throwing for 145 yards and a touchdown.
Around the World on February 3:
- Costa Rica held presidential and congressional elections.
Around the NFL in 2002:
- January 7 - The Collective Bargaining Agreement was extended through 2007.
- January 12 - Oakland beat the Jets 38-24 in the first primetime playoff game.
- February 2 - Home Depot co-founder Arthur Blank bought the Falcons.
- February 6 - Titans coach Jeff Fisher became co-chairman of the Competition Committee.
- February 18 - The Texans picked 19 players in the Expansion Draft.
- April 9 - The NFL and CBS Radio renewed a multi-year agreement.
- April 13-14 - NFL Europe began its 10th season.
- June 22 - The Berlin Thunder beat the Rhein Fire 26-20 to win World Bowl X.
- August 10 - Seattle opened Seahawks Stadium.
- August 17 - The Patriots opened Gillette Stadium.
- August 24 - Houston opened Reliant Stadium.
- September 5 - For the first time, the season opened on a Thursday night in primetime.
- September 5-9 - Week 1 was the highest-scoring opening weekend ever.
- September 11 - Quarterback Johnny Unitas died of a heart attack at 69.
- September 29 - Jerry Rice became the all-time leader in yards from scrimmage with 21,281 yards.
- September 30 - Ravens Chris McAlister had the longest scoring play with a 107-yard touchdown return.
- October 23 - Browns owner Al Lerner died at 69.
- October 27 - Emmitt Smith became the all-time rushing leader with 16,726 yards.
- December 5 - USA Football was created to promote amateur football.
- December 29 - Colts Marvin Harrison set a season record of 143 catches.
- December 30 - The 2002 season had a record 25 overtime games.