- About Yellow Pages
- Accidents and Accident Attorneys
- Accounting and Taxes
- Air Conditioning and Cooling
- Apartment Living
- Attorneys and Lawyers Specialties
- Auto Dealers and Car Buying
- Auto Insurance
- Auto Repair
- Bail Bonds
- Banking Online
- Black Friday Shopping
- Car Loan Refinance
- Car Rental
- Carpet and Rug Cleaning
- Cash Advance Loans
- Chimney Sweep and Repair
- Christmas and December Holidays
- City Guides
- Cleaning and Janitorial Services
- College And Universities
- Computers and Internet Services
- Concrete and Masonry
- Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
- Cyber Monday
- Debt Consolidation
- Dentists and Dental Procedures
- Dining Out
- Divorce and Custody Attorneys
- Doctors and Medical Specialties
- Economic Stimulus Info 2009
- Electricians and Energy
- Energy Alternatives
- Event and Party Planning
- Fire and Water Damage
- Flowers and Florists
- Flu Information
- Funerals and Cemeteries
- Garbage and Recycling
- Green Living Ideas
- Heating and HVAC
- Holidays and Monthly Observations
- Home Building
- Home Buying
- Home Insurance
- Home Security
- House Cleaning Services
- Identity Theft
- Insurance Specialties
- Interior Design and Decor
- Jewelry and Jewelers
- Job Search
- Lawn Care
- Legal Help
- Life Insurance
- Locks and Locksmiths
- Martial Arts
- Mosquitoes and Disease
- New Years Tips
- Parenting and Child Care
- Pediatrics and Child Health
- Personal Injury
- Personal Loans
- Pest Control
- Pet Grooming
- Preschools and Kindergartens
- Real Estate Loans
- Realtors and Real Estate
- Salons and Spas
- Senior Living and Retirement
- Small Business Tips
- Social Networking
- Student Loan Refinance
- Super Bowl Facts
- Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs
- Tax Return Help
- Television Services
- Test Preparation and Tutoring
- Veterinarians and Pet Care
- Wedding Planning
- World Series Facts
Hiring a Honeymoon Planner
Handing your travel arrangements over to a honeymoon planner can ensure that your honeymoon plans do not get overlooked – or put off until the last possible second – during the wedding planning process. Plus, just like hiring a wedding consultant, a travel agent who specializes in honeymoon plans can score you and your groom some great deals and travel perks.
Working with a honeymoon planner is a huge plus for busy couples. And, let’s face it, if you’re in the midst of planning a wedding, “busy” doesn’t even begin to describe you, right? Even if you are travel-savvy or have had time to dream up elaborate plans, you can benefit from the perks a honeymoon planner can offer.
Travel agents who specialize in arranging honeymoon plans can take care of booking all of your accommodations, transportation, and reservations. They will also offer their traveling expertise and access to their insider discounts, scoring discounts and package deals for you that you will not be able to find online.
Not sure where to start looking for a travel agent? Start by checking out The American Society of Travel Agents or The Institute of Certified Travel Agents for listings of member agencies in your area. Look for Certified Travel Consultants (CTS) or Destination Specialists (DS).
Meet with a few agents and ask about the following pertaining to the trip you want to plan:
- Airline travel
- Car rental
- Special rates
- Tour packages
- All-inclusive resorts
- Travel advisories issued by the U.S. government
- Documentation needed for traveling overseas
Honeymoon Planning Timeline
The honeymoon is a much-deserved reward for months and months of hard work planning your wedding. The best part? You get to spend quality time relaxing alone with your new spouse. But, in order to get to honeymoon nirvana, you still have to plan, plan, plan. Keep in mind that the further in advance you plan, the more likely you are to score off-season pricing and early bird discounts.
Follow this timeline to enjoy your first vacation as Mr. and Mrs.
Six Months in Advance
- Set your honeymoon budget
- Talk to your fiancé about your ideal honeymoon. Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? What comes to mind when you envision your perfect vacation – a scuba diving adventure, late nights out at disco clubs, or relaxing at a resort? Do you want to dress up every night for cocktails or stay in a bikini poolside?
- Consult with and select your honeymoon planner.
- Book your tickets, get seat assignments, check luggage allowances, and order in-flight meals.
- Research hotels, check room availability, and reserve your room.
- Reserve a rental car.
- Find out if certain vaccinations are required before for where you are traveling.
Three Months in Advance
- Get passports and visas in order
- Consult with your travel agent about the benefits of signing up for travel insurance. Many couples opt for travel insurance for safety, health, or unpredictable weather. You can obtain insurance through your credit card, travel agent, or an independent agency.
Two Months in Advance
- Shop for a camera and luggage. If you do not feel confident about your photography skills, consider signing up for photography classes at a local community college.
- Start researching and booking activities that require reservations in advance – such as dinner at a fine restaurant, theater tickets, tour guides, or adventures, such as safaris, scuba diving, rock climbing, or hiking.
- If you are opting for an adventurous honeymoon, find out if you need to be certified.
One Month in Advance
- Consult with your honeymoon planner to confirm all reservations and plans
- Make a list of items you need to buy and pack
- If you have pets, make arrangements for their care. Get recommendations from family or friends for a pet sitter – or inquiry if they are up for the task!
Two Weeks in Advance
- Pick up your airline tickets and vouchers from your travel agent.
- Purchase traveler’s checks. Make a list of all traveler’s checks, credit cards, and checking account numbers to take with you – keep in a safe location.
- Label all of your luggage on the inside and outside with your names, address, and phone number.
- Make a list of all of your luggage’s contents. This is helpful in case you lose any luggage.
- Make a list of the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your family in the event of an emergency.
- Leave your destination and hotel plans with both families in case they need to get in touch with you while you are away.
One Week in Advance
- Have your post office hold your mail while you are on vacation.
- If you have the newspaper delivered to your house, have the delivery stopped until you return.
- Prepare extras of things that you cannot live without, such as prescriptions, contacts, or pain relief.
- Confirm arrangements with your house and pet sitter. Make sure they have contact information for either you or family members in case of an emergency.
Three Days before Your Honeymoon
- Shop for books, magazines, puzzles, or movies to entertain you during the flight
- Make sure you have the addresses of all of the family and friends whom you would like to send postcards or souvenirs to while you are away.
- Order champagne to be waiting for you in your hotel room.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the airport.
One Day Before
Enjoy your wedding and get a good night’s sleep to be rested and ready for your dream vacation!
Don’t forget to send a thank you note or postcard to your honeymoon planner to show how much you appreciate her help making your dream vacation a reality. If she helped you find great spots to visit or secured super deals and discounts, give her the ultimate thanks by telling her she can use you as a reference for future clients.