Zellwood United Methodist Church began in 1906 with the first meeting of Zellwood friends and neighbors gathered in the Lewis Osborn home for Sunday worship and Bible study but the formal organization as a Methodist Church took place on April 30, 1911, with twelve charter members. The Rev King Jones of Orlando served as its first Pastor. In 1913 the Zellwood Methodist held their twice-monthly preaching services in the Episcopal Church building. The Woman's Missionary Society was organized in 1922 with Mrs. E.W. Fly as its first president. Membership consisted of four members. In the spring of 1924, Miss Emma Tucker came to assist Rev. W.C. Rogers and a group of thirty members pledged to build a sanctuary on a three acre lot given by Mr. And Mrs. James Laughlin. Among the first donations were three old buildings, landmarks of the pioneer days of Zellwood. One large frame structure, given by Mr. & Mrs. L.C. Osborn, was among the first business houses in this section of Orange County and had been a general store. The other two buildings, donated by John Wesley King, were dwellings built by early settlers, which stood opposite the Zellwood Inn. Old steel rails donated by the Seaboard Railroad were used in the foundation. The church was completed in the fall of 1925 except for classroom doors and early in October of that year, the 55 members held their first service in the new sanctuary. Rev. W.A. Cooper of Orlando spoke at the morning and Rev. George Summers, Zellwood pastor, preached at the evening service. During the next few years, the church grew and new organizations came into being including the Senior League, the Methodist Youth Fellowship, the Junior League and a popular male quartet consisting of Claude Bell, Tom Morton, Tom McGraw and Lester Vincent., who sang at church services in Zellwood and neighboring communities. Over the years, the church grew and was well known for its turkey dinners, which help to pay much of the building debt, which was finally paid off in 1942. In 1948, the church built a new parsonage and the Rev. H. T. Toole became the first full time pastor. In 1954, plans were begun for construction of an education building for the children's department. The Methodist Men's Club was organized in 1959 and the sanctuary air conditioned in 1960. A new education building was built under the leadership of building chairman, Bob Hall and ready for occupation on Easter morning, 1975. The United Methodist Women pledged to help pay for the kitchen so the tradition of a spring and fall dinner and bazaar was begun. Gladys Vincent served as chairperson of these latter sales for many years. The beautiful faceted glass windows in the sanctuary were installed in memory of loved ones. In 1975, the Men's Club took over the care of the Conquest Cemetery, which had been deeded to the church when the Conquest Church had been disbanded. Many parents and relatives of church members are buried there. The modern church sign was purchased in 1978 and the sanctuary renovated that same year. A new parsonage was also purchased as the old one was found to be too small for the new pastor's family. The old parsonage was rented out and then eventually remodeled into offices for the church. The new church organ was dedicated in 1985 along with a concrete ramp being installed in the back of the sanctuary to assist our handicapped members. The church continues to grow in service to God and Zellwood under the direction of the pastor, Rev. Nadine Richmond, who was assigned to the Zellwood Church in June of 2006.