Apex Motors which produced the "ACE" car from 1920-1922 was located on South River Street and Preston Tucker whose family owned the Ypsilanti Machine and Tool Company developed and built the prototype for his "Tucker Torpedo." Henry J. Kaiser and Joseph W. Frazer purchased the gigantic Willow Run B-24 bomber plant in 1945 from the government and began production in mid-year 1946 of Kaiser and Frazer models for 1947. 1953 saw the last Kaiser cars produced at Willow Run as production was moved to Toledo,Ohio as a result of the merger of Kaiser and Willys-Overland. GM's Powertrain Division (formerly known as the Hydramatic Division) bought the Kaiser Frazer plant and began production of the automatic transmissions in November of 1953. In 1956 Chevrolet began producing large special order trucks in the building which formerly housed KF engineering and the spare parts facility for the B-24 Bomber Plant. Later this plant would be added on to several times, First the manufacture of the Corvair from 1959 to 1969 and the for the Nova, Ventura, Omega , Skylark series of GM cars and in 1980 the plant was converted to production of the GM X-series front wheel drive cars. Finally the last cars produced there were the second generation Chevrolet Caprice sedans and station wagon along with the Buick and Oldsmobile station wagons. The plant was closed in 1993. The Museum is also home to the world's last Hudson Dealer. With its records dating to 1927 a priceless part of Ypsilanti automotive history is now preserved.