Mission Statement:WLTs purpose is to present, produce and encourage the production, acting, directing and writing of plays and all forms of entertainment that come under the heading of legitimate theatre. History: The Winchester Little Theatre was organized in 1929 "...to present, produce and encourage the production, acting and writing of plays..." by a group of persons interested in providing an outlet for their artistic interests and bringing to the community entertainment and culture.The first production, Ario de Capo, was staged at Handley High School in 1930. In 1934, the first Junior Little Theatre play was given, 1939-40 brought professional directors for two plays while 1940 and 1969 saw four original plays produced. During this time, WLT produced plays in high schools, churches, motion picture houses, empty store fronts, warehouses and even an abandoned swimming pool building. World War II brought on an intermission, but in 1946 the group got together and gave a benefit performance for the War Memorial Fund. The next few years were lean, but the group kept alive with play-readings and informal presentations of one-act plays.In 1952, a full season of performances was staged in local high schools. By 1955 the WLT had found a home in the old Bark Mill, which was owned by one of its members. Here the group began to do shows in "arena" style, or theater-in-the-round.In 1974, WLT stayed on track as it moved into the old Pennsylvania Railroad freight station (circa 1895). Through the generous support of friends and patrons, the building was paid for in only three years.While early days here saw plays done in the round, a move was made toward a modified "thrust" stage with the audience on three sides of the stage, this continues to be the setting for most of our plays.The years have seen many changes in the Winchester Little Theatre, in its organization, its players, its productions and its audiences. We look with enthusiasm and anticipation to many theatrical years ahead.