History The first St. Marys church was built in 1871 and the cemetery was dedicated 17 years later in 1888. The first Resident Pastor was assigned to the parish in 1900. In 1910 the Church moved to the corner of Litchfield and 7th St. with a new addition added. The Church was extensively renovated and dedicated in 1922. St. Marys Catholic School which was built in 1954 on West 12th St. and the rectory was then moved to 713 W. 12th St. In 1960 the present church was built. In 1971 St. Marys Catholic School was closed and in 1975 was sold to the Public School District now known as Jefferson Elementary. A redecoration of the church took place in 1976, and in 1979 the Parish Center addition was completed. Our current Pipe Organ was added in 1982 as well as remodeling of the sanctuary. The Church of St. Marys was solemnly dedicated on January 27, 1985. The stained glass windows and mosaic of Our Lady of Guadalupe were installed in the Church in 1996. In 1999 began the remodeling/addition to the church coplex which includes a gathering area, a new office complex, additional meeting rooms, and complete renovation of the church with an addition of a Blessed Eucharistic Chapel and the Baptismal Font.