Whippany Road Church Of Christ270 Whippany Rd, Whippany, NJ 07981
About the Church: The Whippany Road Church of Christ had its beginning in the Morristown Y.M.C.A on February 26, 1956, when twenty-eight Morris County residents met to form a new congregation. The first evangelist was Mr. Glen Kramar, and it was in his home that the first Sunday morning service was held on April 8, 1956. The site purchased for a building in September, 1957, had been part of the original Demas Ford estate. The old farmhouse was used as the meeting place until a building was completed in 1962. Since 1962 when Mr. Kramar left, the ministers have included Mr. William Epler, Mr. Bill Goodwin, Mr. Joe Lehner, and Mr. Curtis stamps served the congregation from 1977 to 2004. The current minister, Mr. Dough Lemon, was one off the congregations elders prior to his current role. The Whippany Road Church of Christ will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2006. Many people have contributed to the character of this church, and although its strength has never been in numbers, its influence stretches to all parts of the world.