The Morrison-Talbott Library is located in Waterloo, Illinois and was organized December 1892 and chartered in 1894. The library is named in honor of the Talbott family who in 1898 donated their personal library to the city of Waterloo to establish the Talbott Free Library. A few years later, in 1909 Colonel William R. Morrison willed his personal residence to the city of Waterloo to be used for library purposes. It wasn't until 1935 that the name was changed to the Morrison-Talbott Library to honor both families. The Library began construction of its new facility in 1995 and moved into the building in March 1996. The new building was constructed adjacent to the original Colonel Morrison home.