We, the students, staff and parents of Cunningham/South Vineland Schools, will work together to create a safe, caring and positive community. We will be respectful and truthful, solving all problems in a cooperative way so we can learn and grow together. Dr. George Cunningham, who served Vineland medically for a lifetime and contributed to many community activities. East Avenue School started as a sixteen room schoolhouse in 1918! It was renamed nineteen years later in 1937.Starting as a K-6 school, seventh graders were introduced during the 1930's and in 1958. In 1979, the school changed to a school of grades 1-6. Since 1981, Cunningham School has had students in grades 1-4. Beginning about 1949, basement rooms were renovated and gradually opened as classrooms. In a later step, the section originally used for coal storage was also renovated so that eventually there were four classrooms and a library in the basement. In 1962, an addition on the north end provided an All-Purpose Room, kitchen, offices, faculty room, and storage.