Heritage Lutheran Church was the name chosen by the new congregation. The Parish Hall was refurbished in ten weeks and the first service was held on Founder's Day, October 31, 1976. For two years the members cleaned, repaired, scrubbed, painted, and employed professionals to restore the church to its original structure and design. The Fort Wayne glass company that provided the original stained glass windows still had the original designs and identical replacements of the originals were installed. The restored structure was re-dedicated to the praise and glory of God on October 29, 1978. In 1981 the majestic steeple was installed to replace the original which had been removed for safety reasons in 1957. The restoration of the structure is now complete. Our church building is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.