St. Joseph Parish was established in May 1992 to serve the growing population of Catholic families in the City of Vacaville. The parish encompasses the portion of the city and surrounding area that lies south of Interstate 80. When the parish was established there were 600 families. It has grown to over 1600 families since its inception. It shares a site with Notre Dame Parochial School on Marshall Road. In 1996, a Parish Center was constructed. The first Mass celebrated in the new Center was on Christmas Eve, 1996. The Center contains a large multi-purpose room that was used for weekend Masses and a chapel that was used for weekday Mass. The Parish offices were located on the side of the building. During the week, the multi-purpose room was used for Notre Dames sports activities. Sunday, December 12, 2004 was a historic day in the spiritual life of our Church. On that day, his Excellency, Bishop William Weigand, Bishop of the Diocese of Sacramento, dedicated our new home. This ceremony marked the end of the effort that began in 2000 AD.