Tunkhannock Public Library220 W Tioga St, Tunkhannock, PA 18657
History: The Tunkhannock Public Library was established in 1890. It moved into the old Triton Hose House on Marion St. in 1911 with just 338 books. In the spring of 1999, the Board of Trustees began a Capital Campaign to raise $1,500,000. Groundbreaking took place in August of 2000 and a new 12,500 square-foot state of the art building opened for business in May of 2001. The Library has grown over the years to become an important community center that provides free access to information, education, and entertainment for all the residents of Wyoming County. It has over 30,000 catalogued items including books, books on tape, videos, and CD's. It has twelve computers for public use, all with Internet access. It has a Community Room that seats up to 100 and is available to be used by local organizations.