Mission Statement Our mission is to be a vital, developing congregation which accepts Christ as Lord and provides a viable Christian influence within the whole community. About Us The church began in 1827 as "The Red Hook Mission" and was served by itinerant preachers who held services wherever they could find a place - a farmhouse, a barn. In 1840 a small building was erected on Graves Street. There were an even dozen members. The present location became the site of a new building in 1849. The structure was cut and framed in Bridgeport, Connecticut, shipped across Long Island Sound and up the Hudson River to Barrytown and then transported by horse and wagon to Red Hook. The present church was dedicated in 1894 and renovated in 1901. About 1917 electric lighting replaced earlier gas lamps. In 1967 the education unit was added to the sanctuary building. In 1971 Rowe and Red Hook were yoked as a Two Point Charge, each congregation autonomous, sharing the pastor appointed by the Bishop of the New York Annual Conference. We are a part of the connectional system of the United Methodist Church. We follow its Doctrines and Discipline.