The mission of Southside Primary School is to provide a quality education that equips students with the tools needed to realize their fullest potential as individuals and prepares them to lead productive lives in our ever-changing, complex society.
Statement of Beliefs:
1. All students can learn.
2. Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs. These student needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
3. Students learn in different ways and should be actively engaged in the learning process. A variety of instructional approaches, including available technological advances, should be provided to support their learning. In addition, exceptional students should be provided with special services and resources.
4. Activities and experiences that promote a positive self-esteem, high moral and ethical standards, responsibility, and tolerance for diversity should be provided to all students. Positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff should enhance these citizenship traits and encourage students to make appropriate life decisions.
5. Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members share in the responsibility for providing a supportive, safe learning environment.
6. The responsibility for advancing our school&rsquo, s mission should be shared by teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.