The cornerstone of the church dates the church was established September 16th, 1909. The first pastor of which there is a record came in 1923. Previously, services were held once a month by ministers that were studying at the Hall-Moody Institute, the Baptist school in Martin, Tennessee. In January 1950, the church voted to build a Sunday School annex with a basement to the church. In June 1951, the church voted to begin full time services. The church parsonage was completed and the first family moved into it June 1954. On January 17th, 1965, the church voted to build a new auditorium. The first service was held in the new auditorium on February 6th, 1966. The new plans for a fellowship hall was completed in March 1976. The first churchwide fellowship was held in the new hall on September 30th, 1979. The church began an annual Sharon Passion Play on Easter 1992.