Frank J. Miller and his wife Vera founded the Miller Gas & Oil Company in 1928 in Shamokin, Pa. The couple sold heating oil, kerosene and motor oil, operating 32 gas stations in central and eastern Pennsylvania. Frank acquired the nickname "Princie" when he waived an oil bill for a customer who had fallen on hard times. Princie gave the customer his overcoat as well. When Princie passed away in 1969, his son Bill, along with his wife Delores Schilling Miller, sister Caroline Miller Krick and her husband Gerald Krick took over the reigns of the company. Their children, Billy, Jack, Deb and cousin Tom Krick assumed responsibility for daily business operations when Caroline and her husband passed away in 2001. In 1994, the company began selling propane and, in 1999, it established commercial sales of natural gas. Today, Miller Gas & Oil Company takes pride in the high quality of service it provides for its customers. They are a full service company, providing products and dependability for all seasons.