Although it was not thought of at the time, Security Supply Corporation had its origin in 1923 when William M. Bennett, at the age of 22, moved from Delmar to Selkirk, New York, and began a plumbing business. It was soon after this that a frame building at 198 Maple Avenue, next door to the block warehouse was built and served as the plumbing shop for many years. In 1926 Harold L. Williams Sr., came to Selkirk from , New York, to work at the plumbing trade with Mr. Bennett. In 1929 Earl D. Vadney joined the plumbing business as the bookkeeper. In 1931 the original concrete block building at 196 Maple Avenue was constructed and served as storage for materials and vehicles for the plumbing contracting business. By 1933 our country was in a very severe depression. Manufacturers were seeking buyers for their products and were not too concerned who bought them as long as the material was paid for and there were potential future sales. This economic climate provided the ideal conditions for the founding of a supply business, which is what developed when Mr. Bennett, Mr. Williams and Mr. Vadney formed Security Supply Corporation in 1934. Mr. Bennett devoted part of his time to the supply business, but continued in the plumbing contracting business until World War II. Mr. Williams and Mr. Vadney devoted full time to the Security Supply Corporation. An outlet was opened in Albany in 1934 and in Schenectady in 1938. From 1942-45 all locations were closed while Mr. Bennett served in the Navy, Mr. Vadney in the Army and Mr. Williams at General Electric Co. in Schenectady, a prime defense contractor. Following World War II, all locations were eventually re-opened as material became available for sale. The company grew and prospered through the 40s, 50s and 60s, with Mr. Bennett retiring in 1961 and Mr. Williams retiring in 1966. Tragically, Mr. Vadney passed away suddenly in 1962. By this time the second generation of the founders were part of the corporation and with the aid of their very capable long-time associates, the corporation has continued to grow with branches opening in Glens Falls in 1970, Johnstown in 1982, Plattsburgh in 1986, and No. Adams, Massachusetts in 1989. In 1994 Hyde Plumbing Supply was purchased, creating Security Supply's Watertown and Massena branches. The Kingston branch opened in 1998 and with the purchase of Dutchess Wholesale, the Poughkeepsie branch was opened in 2003. With the rapid purchase of National Supply's location in Saratoga Springs in 2004, we've graduated to 12 locations.