Records show that the Fulton County Fair Association was formed and incorporated by the State of Arkansas on September 17, 1919. It was a for-profit organization and memberships were sold for $5 each. The authorized capital stock was $5,000. Incorporators were: C. W. Pardew, S. M. Reaves, J. T. Livingston, Race Humphries and Lamar Waters. The fair grounds were located near the present Salem Municipal Airport. Records show that 4,000 people were at the 1921 fair and came by wagon and the new Model T Ford car. The events were horse races, trick riders and baseball. At the early fairs many people camped at the fair which gave them a chance to visit with neighbors. Vester Williams, a long time historian of Fulton County, tells in his August 25, 1966 newspaper article that schools played a big part in the fair. During the early fairs schools would compete at the county fair in recitations, spelling and ciphering matches and in athletic contests. A third livestock barn was constructed in 2001 to house swine exhibits. Additional acreage for parking was donated to the Fair Association in 2003 by Ron and Gail Plumlee. Two parking areas have been constructed on this land and a third lot is under construction. The Hickinbotham-Miller Exhibit Building was completed in 2004. This 7,000 square foot climate controlled building has a full kitchen and is used by the community during the fair off-season for meetings, weddings, family reunions, events, etc. Two new events were added in 2005. A Summer Demolition Derby is held in June and the Fulton County Motor Cross is in July. Volunteers are a vital part of the Fulton County Fair. The number of volunteers continues to increase each year. In 2005 over 150 people donated time to the Fulton County Fair.