Scientific Brake & Equipment Company is a truck parts and service provider located in Saginaw, Mich. Scientific is a dealer for numerous manufacturers of trailers and truck equipment, in addition to its extensive aftermarket parts and service offerings. Scientific received its start in Saginaw in 1928 by designing a machine that increased the mechanical advantage of mechanical brakes. In the 1930s, with the advent of hydraulic brakes and government-mandated brakes on trailers, the company became a major parts and service center for brake systems and other aftermarket replacement parts. In 2005, the company received the Heavy Duty Parts and Service Location of the Year award from the Heavy Duty Representatives Association. In addition to its headquarters in Saginaw, Scientific has branch offices in Gaylord and Alpena, Mich.