Our Mission "To God Alone Be the Glory" is the church's motto. It is placed on the front of the Pipe Organ Case at the center of the Chancel. It is a reminder of who we have been, who we are, and who we hope to become. We exist to glorify God through learning experiences and through our service to God and our neighbor. Our History Saginaw First Presbyterian Church was the first church established in the Saginaw Valley and was founded on March 1, 1838. As the first church established in Saginaw the citizens of the small outpost of civilization in 1852 gave a bell celebrating the building of the first structure used exclusively for religious purposes. This bell hangs in the present structure completed in 1885 and added onto in 1920, 1930, and 1953. The facility occupying a city block was restored in 1990 and is used by the congregation and membership for a variety of purposes. The Church has always valued education, community service, music and the arts. The present ministries are built around these areas of concern. The church, now in its 165th year, remains a valued institution in the Saginaw community and an example of the continuing contribution of Presbyterianism to that community as well.