History In the 1800's Rosholt was part of Town 25 North. A man by the name of J.G. Rosholt operated a sawmill in Hitterdal. He saw possibilities investing in timber. He moved his machinery to Town 25 North. He made a deal with Jens Rasmussen, who owned a feed mill, to share the water rights on the South Branch of the Little Wolf River. He built a sawmill adjacent to Rasmussen's feed mill on the east side of the pond. Rosholt continued to invest in timber. Several years before 1900, rumors were going around that a railroad maybe coming into Alban. J. G. and Brooks & Ross Lumber were very instrumental in bringing the railroad to the area. Things started to happen in Town 25. Buildings began to spring up around the sawmill. Additions were added onto the mill. Business was good. On September, 1901, the mill burned to the ground along with Rosholt's log cabin, dry kiln and blacksmith shop. Mr. Rosholt did not have insurance on either the lumber or the mill. The fire also burned Jens Rasmussen's barns, granary.