History of Rollinsford Schools: Rollinsford has a rich New England history. This is a brief listing written by the RGS webgroup students. For more information see The History of the Town of Rollinsford New Hampshire by Alfred Catalfo, Jr. 1733 first school is authorized. Rev Pike was the first schoolmaster. Through the 1700s one room schoolhouses. 1794 town voted that every kid had to go to school. They taught grammar, reading, penmanship, spelling, geography, math, astronomy, and phisiology. 1798- the first school marm was hired. 1825- went from four districts to nine district because of the mills. 1849 population decreased because we split from Somersworth. 1850s- unruly 75 students per teacher. 1859 Franklin School built - 1st brick school. 1890's men teacher's $100 a month, women teachers $36 a term. 1927 mills close down, start of great depresssion schools malnutriton. 1931 schoolboard decided that a graham cracker and milk was to be given to each student. 1936 Rollinsford Grade School is built housing grades 1-8, 132 students. 1963 town ordered to build the annex to spread the school out. 1969 the town voted to be partners with Somersworth and RGS became 1-6 and Somerworth had middle school and high school. 1997 kindergarten opened at RGS.