During the aftermath of The Great Depression, a group of young businessmen in Ripley, Tenn., saw a need to organize a bank that could offer local residents financial assistance. The Bank of Ripley opened its doors on July 14, 1939. The Bank of Ripley is a locally-owned community bank that provides a broad range of traditional and innovative banking, investment and financial services to retail, commercial and industrial consumers. Through the advances in technology of Check Imaging, Automatic Teller Machines, Electronic Funds Transfer and Internet banking, the Bank of Ripley makes it easier for customers to conduct their financial business. The Bank of Ripley has received the coveted Tennessee Quality Award for six consecutive years. For many years, the Bank of Ripley has served the area of Lauderdale County, Tenn., with four banking offices within the corporate limits of Ripley, the county seat. In 1999, the Bank of Ripley opened the Bank of Tipton, its first branch outside of Lauderdale County. The Bank of Tipton opened within the corporate limits of Covington, Tenn., the county seat of Tipton County.