Rutherford Janitor Supply is a long time distributor of paper, chemicals, equipment, warewash and laundry products and other disposable products. Established in 1948 by Edward Ellsworth Rutherford, the company started out in a small building on MacArthur Avenue in Richmond, VA. In 1962 the company outgrew its first location and moved to 415 West Broad Street in Richmond, VA.After the passing of Mr. Edward E. Rutherford (1962) and his wife (1969) the company was left to Buddy Rutherford and he and his wife Patricia (Patsy) worked hard to grow the business over the next 35 years. Buddy and Patsy had four children and all of them have worked at Rutherford in some capacity throughout the years. In 1989 there was a devastating fire at the building on West Broad Street. Paul and Kenny Rutherford, with the efforts of their parents, had to revamp the company and moved to its current location at 2522 Hermitage Road in Richmond, VA. Paul and Kenny Rutherford worked hard and the company grew and prospered until Kenny Rutherfords untimely passing in 2006. In 2001, the Rutherfords youngest son, Paul Rutherford purchased the company from his parents. Since 2001 Rutherford has had double digit growth consistently. Rutherford is one of the largest janitorial supply companies in Richmond and services more than 54 counties and 27 cities throughout the state of Virginia and North Carolina. In 2008 Rutherford opened its first branch office in Chesapeake, VA.