First United Church Of Christ151 S 4th St, Quakertown, PA 18951
The congregation's history reaches back to 1856, as part of the First German Reformed Church. Now located at Fourth and Park Avenue in Quakertown, the ground breaking ceremony for the current facility was held on March 3, 1963. First United Church of Christ is committed to Christian education. The church school started in 1874 and Sunday School classes are still held every Sunday. The church supports a youth program and an annual Vacation Bible School program is also sponsored each June. This began in 1942. At this year's fall Quakertown Alive Celebration, First UCC promoted "Singers and Hammer Swingers." There are five vocal choirs, four bell choirs, a chime choir and a flute choir active at the church. In addition, missions and outreach is an important part of the life of the church. Domestic mission trips began in 1994, and foreign mission trips to Latin America began in 2000. With God's help, First United Church of Christ looks forward to continuing its mission and ministry in the 21st century!